Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 June 2021 Update

(Topic created on: 25-06-2021 03:03 PM)
mmtech
Navigator
Options

After June 2021 update the battery performance is improved but still -

1. Overheating remains when on whatsapp call. within 15 min call temperature reaches from 28 degree Celsius to 39 degree Celsius.

2. And wireless charging have became even worse now. Within 5 min the temp goes from 27 degree Celsius to 35 degree Celsius and then extreme slow charging.

What have you done Samsung?

0 Likes
26 REPLIES 26
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If your not happy with the update, you can always go to the previous update. Just search 'How to get S21 (model no.) to (specified update)'. Websites such as xda developers and github, as well as reliable YouTube videos are your best bet. Good luck! 😁
0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I made a 30 minute call and temperature went up from 26 to 28 degrees and stayed at that temperature while wired superfast charging. I think you may have apps causing the problem. Please post your battery stats and if you haven't clear your system cache.
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

This is a surprise. If its audio call then same for me. But I am talking about whatsapp video call. 

Does after 30 min whatsapp video call temp stays below 30 degree Celsius ?

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

Yes. I already did it. Still the same.  even i have sent error report 10 days back in the Samsung Members app but no one responding.

0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

I was not happy with previous update and was hoping that will be fixed in this update. Battery drain is fixed but overheating is still big issue which results in extreme slow wireless charging.

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Hmm... then ultimately, best bet is to run diagnostic test in the Samsung Members app and see, if it's actually your phone that may be the problem...
0 Likes
mmtech
Navigator
Options

Already did it. No problem identified. Everything good. You can also test yourself. Just do wireless charging or video call for 15 min and you can see phone overheats and reaches from 28 to 38 degree Celsius in no time.

0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I can't tell you the precise temp phones have gotten with video calls. I can tell you that every phone I've owned, being duo what's app face time, they have all got very warm. Video calls has always been like that for me anyway.
0 Likes