Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 is blocking phone numbers not on blocked list

(Topic created on: 26-04-2022 03:37 PM)
Joeyjoio
Apprentice
Options

I had a message from my mother asking me why when she phoned was I always on another line. It was odd as I hadn't been on my phone. On further investigation it appears that my phone has been blocking her number. It says "blocked call, blocked by phone". I have checked my blocked call list and her number wasn't on it. Out of paranoia I have removed all of the numbers from my blocked call list. Does anyone have any idea how to unblock her number?

Screenshot_20220315-205556_Phone.jpg

29 REPLIES 29
Juli3n
Hotshot
Options
You're not going to get away with this excuse .... :face-with-stuck-out-tongue-and-winking-eye:
Joking aside, this is a weird one, I've never seen this before but I'm also not using Samsung stock phone app, but Google's instead.
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try clearing your system cache, in the same menu also run repair apps. Don't forget you need to be connected to a PC to do this.
Joeyjoio
Apprentice
Options

I know. It sounds like the worst excuse.

0 Likes
Wobdot
Pathfinder
Options
I've had this on random numbers for a while, & the only thing I've worked out is if the network or Internet drops
0 Likes
WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options
Make sure that you have "Only block high-risk scam calls" configured under Caller ID and spam calls (or turn it off completely).

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
Elfie1
Student
Options

I have the same problem but its my daughter that is blocked and i don't know how it happened, she can text me, but is blocked by phone. How did you fix this.  SHe is not blocked on list or in her profile  i have deleted and reentered. shut phone down. HELP

AndrewL
Options

@Elfie1: Apologies if you have already tried this, but please head to the Contacts app > Select the relevant contact > Tap 'More' in the bottom right corner > Unblock Contact. If calls from your daughter are still being blocked, try contacting your network provider to see if there are any restrictions that have been applied at their end. 

0 Likes
Elfie1
Student
Options

i TRIED CLEARING CACHE BUT COULDN'T FIND TO CLEAR IT. BUT I DID FIND DEVUCE CARE And could clear cache there, everything is fixed now. so I will try  that next time i have a problem

0 Likes
Zai1
Journeyman
Options

I'm currently having this issue right now and coincidentally it also is my mother it's been over a month I have xfinity /Verizon s21 ultra 

0 Likes