Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 is absolutely the worst!

(Topic created on: 21-06-2022 05:20 PM)
Den Frank
Student
Options

This phone is currently overheating in my hand as I type this. Being on the internet is to stressful for this hunk of trash.

Samsung as definitely lost a customer after this dog ***** phone.

10 REPLIES 10
AndrewL
Options

@Den Frank: I'm sorry to hear that your Galaxy S21 is overheating. Overheating is to be expected in some instances, especially if you are using power intensive apps such as streaming services or sites. Have you received any notifications to indicate that the device is getting hot? In the meantime, please take a look at the link below to find some information and steps on how to reduce instances of overheating. 

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/is-there-something-wrong-with-my-samsung-mobile-de...

Charlie306
Navigator
Options
Not just the s21 mate, my s20 is constantly overheating to the point the sealent round the camera is allowing the back cover to come away, Samsung are less than helpful the engineer they sent out said it's a software throttling issue whatever that means and would be fixed in an update, well 3 updates later and it's still doing it, let me know if you solve this issue please.
Den Frank
Student
Options

@AndrewL don't gaslight me. I'm 30 I know how cell phones should and should not work. Being untouchably hot from a video call should not happen. Facebook messenger should not crash my phone. The inability to connect to wifi should not happen. Never in my life has a phone been so unreliable. I know it is your job to act like everything is user error, but the entire world isn't wrong. Samsung put out a horrible product and needs to admit it. 

WelshPaul
Troubleshooter
Options

You think the S21 is a hunk of trash? You should thank the lord that you don't have the S22!

My advice comes from being a UK Samsung iPhone user.

Current Devices:
  • iPhone 14 Pro 256GB Deep Purple
  • Samsung Galaxy Buds+ > Model: SM-R175.
0 Likes
Sweet epiphany
First Poster
Options

I haven't had the overheating issue, mine has been the decreasing ram.  Supposed to be 8g.  Currently at 3.5, after being at 4 for 3 months and Ive done every reset imaginable.  Samsung has lost my confidence for sure.  JUNK

0 Likes
Pat16
Journeyman
Options

I've had to replace mine 3 times since I got it not too long ago. Guy at the store said "yeah sorry it was another faulty one from the factory." The one I use to type this with already needs replacing. Battery life is about 30 minutes when I don't use it, about 10 when I do. I have to restart the phone over and over so apps don't crash upon tapping. It's almost entirely unusable. This phone needs to be recalled 

0 Likes
Dandee
Pioneer
Options
I have been buying Samsung products since the D450 slide phone way back when. However they now seem to be either going backwards or just nocking out trash wich is such a shame.

I was a well invested customer for life until recently owning everything from audio & visual equiptment, laptops, handsets, tablets & even washing machines & dryers. However my experience this past couple of years has gone from bad to diabolical, You would think they would all run together in perfect harmony however this is so far from the truth! Samsung have got too big for their boots & even seem to think it is ok to abandon products or software / operating applications, so many failings all round!

I even used to upgrade all of my equiptment / devices every year or 2. I never imagined a day or thought I would ever say this but I will never ever purchase or recommend a single samsung product again. I even had all my family & friends buying samsung products but that will also change now!

I realise that my actions will have no impact on the company & they wont even care but it's the principal!
Pat16
Journeyman
Options

I bought one, first day had issues, they told me it was damaged at the factory. Bought another, same deal, ans someone else in the store had the same issue. Only app that works is safari, all other apps open all zoomed in and glitched, then the phone crashes and stays frozen for most of the day. I can't call or text, due to an "unknown error, try again later" and has a 20 minute battery life. It's soo bad it genuinely made me think I bought a bootleg phone. All 3 phones I got had the same issues, and the ***** highschool kid at Verizon didn't care enough to help. Other than telling me I gotta pay for a new one AGAIN. ide rather not have a phone at all and say ***** it. Or sue, because it's gotten me into some serious situations emergency wise, when I COULDNT CONNECT TO 911. My phone crashed and over heated several times while typing this, and it takes 10 seconds to load each letter in as I type. Wtf. Samsung is an entire blatant scam at this point  

0 Likes
Pat16
Journeyman
Options

At this point it's not worth it. Idk how you can even work for this company. It's nothing but lies told, and seemingly bunk products. Every single phone I've purchased over the years had to be swapped out multiple times, and they still barely work. 

0 Likes