Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Huge Mistake

(Topic created on: 07-02-2021 08:35 PM)
Brimmy1
Pioneer
Options
I weng to upgrade my S20 to the S21 but having checked the S21 out i found out the S21 no longer has a Sd card slot, big mistake as i left Apple many years ago due to there being no option to add extra storage other than paying to use the cloud now it seems Samsung has gone down the same road probably to make more profit. BIG MISTAKE
16 REPLIES 16
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
I have the a20e so I dont have this problem but samsung better not get rid of it completely. it's one of the only things they have that's better than apple.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
U are so lucky u should see how bad is the display and camera also. Terrible phone I'm sending it back to get S20
0 Likes
swills9
Voyager
Options
least you have a return window that you can use :-).
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
I think every single person who take this phone will send it back.
FK1983
Pathfinder
Options
I've upgraded from the Note 10 Plus 5G 256gb with 128gb memory card to S21 Ultra 512gb 16gb ram.

I always found using memory cards slowed the devices down and is one main reason other companies done away with external storage ages ago. I've used many different devices and different memory cards but is the reason apps cannot run from memory cards very well because they are too slow compared to Internal high speed storage.

You can still connect USB drives using a USB adapter but not buying a device just because its got rid of a really old slow feature is silly as pretty much all devices are the same because if the low memory speeds.
Fisky
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
yea I wouldn't recommend upgrading from an S20 to 21 for anybody, don't care about sd but it's got just a HD screen plastic back same cameras and less ram,I get that it's cheaper but would rather pay same price as S20 and get more, will be waiting for S22 in the hope it's back to business what annoys me is I like smaller phones so to get what I have in the S20 I would have to go for the ultra
0 Likes
Brimmy1
Pioneer
Options
i think Samsung has made a huge mistake because what really set them apart from apple was the ability to increase your storage using an sd card. as you state several other issues have taken them backwards by years.
0 Likes