Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21+ how to transfer files to/from Windows 10 computer?

(Topic created on: 18-07-2021 10:35 AM)
elverdiblanco
Journeyman
Options

With every other Android device I have used, plugging in a usb cable and connecting it to a computer the Android device has popped up a menu asking if I want to charge the device or transfer files.

With the S21+ all I'm getting is a notification that the device is being charged and no option for file transfer, nor does the S21+ show up in Windows file explorer. How can I get the option to transfer files to show when connecting the S21+ to a computer with a USB cable?

0 Likes
Go to solution
15 REPLIES 15
tiktoca
Apprentice
Options

Hi, maybe you can change to another USB cable. If you still have such a problem, try WiFi transfer. Make sure your Samsung Galaxy S21 and the computer are in the same network. Then you can use a third-party program like Coolmuster Android Backup Manager to help you transfer files from your Samsung Galaxy 21 to the computer via WiFi connecting. And it's free. Hope this will be your help. 

0 Likes
5ta1da
Voyager
Options

Few months ago, transfering MP3s to my phone start to be horror. Randomly freezing, disconnecting etc. with multiple PCs and cables. It's like something is scanning the contents of the transmission, which I find outrageous.

Finally I ran out of nerve and installed the FTP client. Now I use this method to move files and I'm happy with it.

Specifically, I use this app: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.medhaapps.wififtpserver

johne53
Pathfinder
Options

- Is it all working now? I'm in the same position of having just bought a Samsung phone (Galaxy Z Flip3) but my computers only have USB-A. So it'd be good to know if splashing out on genuine Samsung cables will allow  them to see each other. I wonder what's so special about the Samsung cables?

0 Likes
Members_cxxeaez
First Poster
Options

I had exactly the same issue on my S21.  No C cable I had worked.  I used a USB C to USB C cable in the end and connected to my laptop.  Only then did the data transfer option appear.  Down to the cable, I suspect rather than an option.

0 Likes
Members_iOg6ivD
First Poster
Options

is this problem seriously that it isnt a samsung cable? stop becoming apple. 
im using a quality cable that has worked in the past but suddenly i cant change the usb host to my desktop. 

guess ill transfer over google drive :face-with-rolling-eyes: refuse to buy another cable from samsung lol 

0 Likes
jgaspar
First Poster
Options

Thanks a lot! The only solution for my S21 syncing on Windows PC.

0 Likes