Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 holepunch camera

(Topic created on: 01-07-2021 04:58 PM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Guys, I was thinking of getting an S21, but was put off with the design of the Camera placement. Unlike the S8, in which the Camera is not on the screen, the S21's camera is a holepunch design which I don't really like :/. All it's specs and price is Fab, but it's just that camera placement, which i am not a fan of 😓. Is there any way to change the ratio of the screen so, that the holepunch camera is not sitting on top of a video I'm watching, but instead a dark black background (basically that small part of the screen with the pixels off).
19 REPLIES 19
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
I think with some phones in the past I've just settled with certain looks, designs or features that I wasn't a fan of, maybe you can just get use to it or adapt to it? I've had a bit of a play on my Sister's S21 plus... Great phone. I'm currently on the s10 plus and Note 10 plus... the lens designs or positions don't bother me... in fact there are cool wallpapers and lock screen images that accommodate the lens in the designs.
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Once my S8 becomes unusable, then I probably would consider getting. But in the meantime, definitely sticking with S8 lol.
Mitzzz999
Hotshot
Options
Ha if you look after your stuff then that S8 may last you a year or so... my brother is still on his S8 too but he's waiting for a decent Samsung promo deal lol... love it when I'm due an upgrade and there's a offer with ear buds or smart watch or even a entry level tablet. I'm on duty to look out for a decent deal for him ha.
AndrewL
Options

@LiquidSnake: It used to be possible to hide the camera cutout via Settings > Display > Full Screen Apps > 3 dots > Advanced, however this was removed in the Android 11 update. This may be re-implemented in future products or updates, but I don't have any news to share regarding this just yet. Apologies for any inconvenience this may cause you. 

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Thanks for the insight @AndrewL! 😀
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There is the good lock app, multistar where you can hide the camera. It's the one at the bottom.
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Ahhh, I see. Do you have a device with a holepunch camera and can you demonstrate this multistar app in effect? Like send me a video recording/picture of how it looks, before and after when playing videos. Thanks! 😋
0 Likes
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Isn't there a setting to hide the Camera cut-out in settings -> display -> full screen apps -> hide camera cut-out?

Here's a video I found regarding this, but for the s20:
https://youtu.be/j3KEd5AnFUY
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I haven't used it myself as I don't mind the punch hole. I could however send a picture while it's in use but screenshots don't show the punch hole anyway.