Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 headphone issues on mobile data

(Topic created on: 23-02-2021 05:02 PM)
Churf
Journeyman
Options
While I wait with baited breath for the freebie Buds with my S21, I wanted to try using the phone with my bose earbuds. I bought the USB C to 3.5mm jack and at home, all was well.

Took the dog for a walk and I noticed, when phone was on mobile data, the media (BBC sounds or YouTube Music) worked for about 10 seconds and then disconnected. I reinserted the USB jack again and again, and it always disconnected after about 10 seconds, so I have up. I know my data is fine as Strava was working.

When I came come and back on WiFi, the headphones was fine. As soon as I disconnected WiFi and used mobile data in the house, the headphones stopped again after 10 seconds, but the music was still playing, so again, I know the data was OK.

So my question is, why would my USB C to 3.5mm jack, 'turn off' when playing music via mobile data and not via home WiFi. I'm confused! 
0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Gavlee2010
Voyager
Options
could it be the app you are using? and not the connector
0 Likes
MelTaylor
First Poster
Options
Mine is doing the same, have you managed to solve the problem?
0 Likes
Churf
Journeyman
Options
No is the simple answer. I didn't want to buy another connector but that may be the answer. Mine was off ebay and not Samsung. Anyway I got the free Buds Live today so I'll be using them
0 Likes
Churf
Journeyman
Options
I found the answer. The apps I use were going go sleep when not I use ( so when the screen was turned off onwalks).
Go to
settings
battery & device care
battery
background usage limits
never sleeping apps. Find the apps you want to remain alive, like Spotify or YouTube Music

that seems to have fixed it
0 Likes