Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Glass screen protector with fingerprint compatibility

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 02:51 PM)
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
Hi, firstly, does the S21 in UK come with a pre applied screen protector as I have received mine and have applied glass screen protector but I am not sure if a plastic protector has been applied already in factory.

Secondly, the glass screen protector I have applied doesn't work with fingerprint scanner. Any glass screen protectors out there that you guys know work with fingerprint?

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
AllottedGecko54
Explorer
Options
It looks like mine has already got a screen protector on it, looking at the screen camera there is what appears to be a circle around the camera that makes me think there is already a screen protector on it.
0 Likes
dayaan1
Explorer
Options
Samsung confirmed me that there is a screen protector film pre installed and the glass screen protector most likely wont work with inscreen fingerprint
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Would recommend Whitestone Dome glass protector - a little bit expensive but worth it Had on my Note 10+ for over a year and no problems - screen finger print sensor works fine
If you go this route then watch their installation videos before hand and take your time installing it - looks fiddly but is easy to do if you follow the instructions
Mightyblues78
Navigator
Options
My Ultra has a screen protector film preinstalled yes, by reading other posts it seems like others in the UK also have one so yours certainly should. I never found a glass screen protector that worked well with an in screen sensor but have you switched on the enhanced sensitivity option in settings? It's supposed to improve fingerprint recognition when using a protector and its off by default.
0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options

I put the glass protector on top the pre installed film protector which I didn't know was there, and yes I did turn on the sensitivity option still no luck.

NewDJ72
Student
Options
same here, not sure if it would work better if I took the pre-installed screen protector off or if the pre-installed one provides enough protection? As it seems a shame to have fingerprint recognition and not use it.
0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
apparently taking off the pre installed screen protector and then installing glass one doesn't make difference to fingerprint. I might just remove glass and stick with the pre installed unless I find one that works with fingerprint.
0 Likes
NewDJ72
Student
Options
I've just put one on I received from amazon but it hasn't worked. I've ordered some ESR ones to come tomorrow and if they don't work, I might just take it off and just leave the pre-installed one on too, but I'm not sure how strong it is encase I drop it?!
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options

As mentioned by @papashaun above the Whitestone Dome screen protector is one of the best glass screen protectors available at the moment. It's a little pricey but you get what you pay for and it also works flawlessly with the fingerprint reader. It's always recommended to remove any other screen protectors applied to the display before applying another one to avoid issues.

0 Likes