Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 gets hot - closes multi-window

(Topic created on: 27-02-2021 11:09 PM)
Rik07
Pioneer
Options

When I am video calling and simultaneously browsing the web, my phone keeps over-heating and closing the small multi-window video feed. The brightness is always below 40%, I have very few apps open, and am indoors away from direct sunlight. The phone is brand new, can anyone assist?

this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos. https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.

25 REPLIES 25
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
just completed a factory reset (the last suggestion tech support had to offer), the issue is still present.
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos.

https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.
Wizzo1337
Journeyman
Options

Hi, this is also happening to me as well.  I upgraded from an S10+ to an S21 and have played Pokemon Go on multi window on my old S10+ and had no problems with overheating issues but now I cannot play Pokemon Go with multi window on my S21 due to the overheating issues 😞

isko01
Pioneer
Options

Hi @Rik07 

I had a same problem with overheating when I buy S21U. But I have returned after 5 days use. But now I want to buy, because it was past 30 days from that problem.

So it is 4 week past after your post. I hope you get some new updates.

What is your last update? And did you do wipe-chace after last update?

Can you tell me did your camera gets overheating when you use a camera for a 5- 10 minutes? 

And did camera app got "force close" because of overheating?

0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
hi, they couldnt fix the problem (and it seems to be occuring with a lot of people) so i returned the phone
isko01
Pioneer
Options

Hi @Wizzo1337 

What is your last update? And didyoudowipe-chace?

0 Likes
YohanceJ
Explorer
Options
I am also getting this problem. do we know if a problem with Exynos/snapdragon? I'm in Europe so assume I have Exynos variant
Wizzo1337
Journeyman
Options

It's on the latest one from T-Mobile.  No, I did not do a wipe. it happened on day 1 of when I got my phone.  Also, I have the snapdragon version

JesusChristis
Student
Options

I had the galaxy s8, Galaxy s9+, Note 10 plus...  And used multi window in direct sunlight at 95 degrees.  And didn't have this problem.  Now my S21 Ultra keeps closing the multi window... 

0 Likes
MrWheat
Student
Options

So Samsung are you going to fix this and when?