Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Gallery sync to Onedrive - only "daily" sync - will this be fixed

(Topic created on: 22-12-2021 09:41 AM)
ØysteinB
Apprentice
Options

I see from various forums that the Gallery sync to Onedrive is not syncing correctly. My experience is that all photos sync at nighttime, and that you need to do a manual sync if you need your photo on another platform earlier than the next day. In my opinion this has serious disadvantages compared to using Onedrive directly to backup you photos through camera roll: 1. No backup of todays photos (if you loose/break phone late in the day). 2. Random timeline (each day) in Onedrive as Onedrive "timestamp" is upload time. 

WILL SAMSUNG FIX THIS? Or are you satisfied with the current functionality? I would prefer a Gallery Sync with the possiblity to sync both ways, but will revert to using Onedrive Cameraroll if the sync is not fixed.

8 REPLIES 8
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
0 Likes
ØysteinB
Apprentice
Options

As I said in my post, I know I can change to camera upload, and I will do this and maybe use your post if I am having trouble doing it. But is that Samsungs preferred solution? Does Samsung have plans to make the Gallery sync continuous (more or less - at least more frequent than every 24h). Or is this a permanent quick fix for people previously using Samsung Cloud? From reading various forums online, this seems to be the current functionality of Samsung Gallery sync, but correct me if I am wrong and you have a S21 with continuous syncing from Gallery to Onedrive.

0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi. From what I read this morning is that it's a One Drive limitation which can't be changed by the user. I have no idea what plans are with Samsung for the future. The title Samsung Maker seems to imply I work for Samsung but don't so haven't a clue of what may or may not happen, sorry. Perhaps there are other cloud services that can provide this functionality?
0 Likes
ØysteinB
Apprentice
Options

OK - thanks for your replies - I was hoping Samsung would reply to this, but as I see it Gallery sync should be removed if they can't make it work properly.  I will go back to using Onedrive camera-sync as this worked for me in the past. 

GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Google One is Awesome
0 Likes
Members_VFl35LX
First Poster
Options

0 Likes
Members_VFl35LX
First Poster
Options

Currently I am considering move to Samsung gallery onedrive sync from classic onedrive camera roll backup, which I used up to now, and  got to this thread. What Is your experience? Was there some improvement since your last comment in December 2021?

0 Likes
sevec
Apprentice
Options

No change. Still syncing happens hours after taking a picture.

0 Likes