Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 firmware issues. My phone don't see the new firmware update

(Topic created on: 28-03-2022 02:01 PM)
tongax66
First Poster
Options

In my S21 5g (SM-G991B/DS) I have the G991BXXU3BUK8 firmware. In sammobile, I saw does exist a few new firmware versions, but when I try to update my firmware using the normal software update from my phone, my phone does't finding it.

Anyone knows if this is a normal behavior or I need to do another thing?

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@tongax66 

In...

Settings > About phone > Software information > Service provider software version...

What does it show?

Have you tried connecting your phone to Samsung Smart Switch on your PC and checking for an update via that?

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0
tongax66
First Poster
Options

smartswitch didn't show anything about updates.

The service provider software version is: SAOMC_SM-G991B_OXM_EUX_12_0003 EUX/EUX,EUX/CHE

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@tongax66 

That's odd! The original CSC code for your device was, "CHE", which is for Chile, South America. It has since been flashed with the generic, "EUX", code for Europe... possibly in an attempt to make it saleable in that area. This is most likely the issue with your phone not updating.

Have you previously received firmware updates on this phone?

[EDIT] I guess you haven't received any updates as you are on the old BUK8 firmware from November 2021

Where did you purchase your phone from?

My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.0
0 Likes
tongax66
First Poster
Options

I'm from Chile. I purchased my phone here (Entel CHE), and after that, I changed the firmware to CHO... Do you think I mistaked the firmware version?

Have you previously received firmware updates on this phone? --> after I changed the firmware no

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@tongax66 

"Do you think I mistaked the firmware version?"

Yes

0 Likes
tongax66
First Poster
Options

ok, thks... I will update the phone with this firmware Chile CHO: CSC G991BOXM4BULF PDA G991BXXS4BVAA... what do you think? Do you think that firmware its correct?

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@tongax66

Updating, manually, to CHO firmware will not change your original CSC code, (CHE), but will give you the firmware you want. You will need to manually update for all future releases of CHO.

tongax66
First Poster
Options

Ok, so your recomendation is back to CHE firmware to will have the automatic updates?

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@tongax66 

It depends, as you seem to have changed your CSC code to EUX.

0 Likes