Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE super fast charging issue

(Topic created on: 15-02-2023 11:42 AM)
Members_EPTXnHW
Student
Options

Hi all,

I have a S21 FE 5G, and just bought a Samsung charger model EP-TA800, to take advantage of the Super Fast Charging mode. But it doesn't work!  I made some tests with other charger, a Samsung EP-TA20EBE, and other phones (from friends, a S9 and a S10), and these were my findings:

Please note that both chargers are Samsung original, with the original cable in good state.  All USB-C connectors and plugs were cleaned in advance.

With charger EP-TA20EBE (15W Fast Charge)

a. S9 --> Fast Charging, working normal as expected

b. S10 --> Fast Charging, working normal as expected

c. S21 FE 5G --> Fast charging, working normal as expected

With charger EP-TA800 (25W, Super Fast Charging capable)

a. S9 --> Fast Charging, working normal as expected

b. S10 --> Fast Charging, working normal as expected

c. S21 FE 5G --> No charging!  I see the Super Fast Charging image, and hear a different sound effect at the connection time, the icon at the top bar indicates "charging", I see the charging notification in the drop-down menu with an estimated time according to Super Fast Charge.  But in fact, the percentage of battery charge is not increasing at all!  I waited even up to 1 hour, and it remained in the same percentage all of the time (in this test, 22%).  If I disable the Fast Charging option in the setup menu, then it starts increasing in regular charging mode, little by little (as expected).

Any idea?

4 REPLIES 4
KholaI
Options

Hey @Members_EPTXnHW 

That's a tad unusual, but let's look into this further! To begin with, we'd like you to perform a Soft Reset, as this will reboot your phone without deleting any personal data. You can do this by holding the Power and Volume Down buttons for around 10 seconds. Once you've done this, please follow the steps mentioned in the following link to ensure both Fast and Super Fast Charging has been enabled: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/my-galaxy-device-is-not-fast-charging-how-do-i-fix...

Members_EPTXnHW
Student
Options

Hi Kholal,

Thanks for the info.  I made this Soft Reset as you suggested, and checked the Fast charge option as enabled.

As it's mentioned in other threads in this site, my case is that I don't have a Super Fast Charge setting, only Fast charging and Fast wireless charging.  But the big icon I see on the screen is different for sure: fast chargers give one lightning sign, and this super fast charger gives a double lightning sign.  Also, the sound when plugging in the charger is different.  After upgrading to OneUI 5.1, I don't see an indication of the type of charging in the drop-down notification menu,it only says Charging and gives an estimate time to fully charge.

Anyway, after doing this Soft Reset, I noticed a change: connecting this EP-TA800 super fast charger, I see the usual icon, and it starts charging very slowly.  I took readings every 5 minutes for 1 hour, and the charge increases by 2% every 5 minutes. Quite slow, but constant increase.  The calculation of remaining time is wrong, of course.

- Test start: 6% of charge, 48 minutes for full charge

- After 1 hour: 30% of charge, 34 minutes for full charge

I tested a few minutes with the EP-TA20EBE fast charger, and the behaviour is the same as before the reset, it works as expected for a fast charge.

Thanks in advance for your comments.

0 Likes
KholaI
Options

Hey @Members_EPTXnHW 

Apologies for the delayed response! Did you get to the bottom of this issue?

0 Likes
Member011
First Poster
Options

Hi kholal,

I am having the exact same issue as mentioned above in the issue by member . Can you please find out a solution for thsi

0 Likes