Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE SD888 not getting OTA updates

(Topic created on: 20-10-2022 01:01 PM)
GoranM
First Poster
Options

Hi All,

I have an S21 FE SD888 and it's not getting OTA updates. Phone has been in use for 6 months and hasn't received a single OTA update. All updates were completed over Smart Switch. 

Thanks,

Goran

0 Likes
12 REPLIES 12
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Where did you buy it? It's possible that it is a grey import. That means it won't update OTA in the country you live in as they will only update OTA in their intended country now
0 Likes
GoranM
First Poster
Options

Phone was bought from TMobile in Macedonia and it used on that network. 

In the service provider sw version it shows the csc code MBM which is the code for TMobile Macedonia. 

0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
Are you in UK now?
0 Likes
GoranM
First Poster
Options

No, I am in MK, there is no Macedonian version of this forum, so I posted here.  

If anyone has any idea on how this can be resolved.  

0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
I dont know if MK is Macedonia. But if you are in the exact country where the phone was bought then you have nothing to worry. Your carrier may receive updates later. It happens. Give me your Model and CSC I'll check the latest update you are supposed to have.
0 Likes
GoranM
First Poster
Options

MK is short for Macedonia yes. 

Phone model is SM-G990B/DS

312246244_454917983372534_1426822941737678153_n.jpg

0 Likes
BaronDigo
Helping Hand
Options
You are upto date broh. Your latest update was September, mine is October 1.
0 Likes
GoranM
First Poster
Options

All updates were made using SmartSwitch app via Windows PC. So far not a single update was received as OTA on the phone itself.

0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@GoranM: Apologies if you have already tried this, but please can you confirm if you have been to Settings > Software update > Download and install, as well as Settings > Biometrics and security > Security update, while connected to a stable Wi-Fi router? 

0 Likes