Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE Laggy?

(Topic created on: 10-06-2022 02:40 AM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Did anyone notice that the UI feels a bit laggy? For example when pressing on the screen, there's a very slight delay before the action happens on the screen. If I swipe down, the display sits still for a fraction of a second and then moves. I've turned all animations off, turned on sensitivity and tested without glass protector on and still it feels like it's moving slow, even when scrolling pages or menus. I've compared it to the S21 Ultra and that one is absolutely snappy and smooth. 

0 Likes
14 REPLIES 14
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Can you see if clearing the System Cache Files helps @Anonymous User 

Https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

You may need to hook up to a computer to be able to get to the recovery menu and or plug in your earphones.

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

K45h
Explorer
Options
Same here, my s21 ultra keeps stuttering. It's giving me a headache. Can't wait to go back to iPhone
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I am sorry to say this solution did not work. Neither did a hard reset. It's something definetly wrong with the UI. It gives me the impression that the sensitivity has a lag of a few milliseconds. Even when scrolling and lifting the finger off the screen, the menu starts to scroll just a little  down or up. I compared it to a P20 PRO and that phone has an instant touch response. The S21 FE feels like it's older than that one. I've uploaded here a small sample that shows what I mean. It was filmed in slow motion to capture the lag more clearly. 

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Too much time waiting for the video approval... You can see it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-1jicgySB1Dr7NMiqLhcfO8NKEeLaLXK/view?usp=drivesdk

0 Likes
João Boccoli
Student
Options

I found the solution for the stuttering! It is related to Always on Display and or Edge Notifications! If you keep them off, the screen keeps 120hz as intended! If you turn on any of these features that relies on turned off screen, it stutters to low refresh rate. Just turn them off for now until Samsung fix it! 

(1)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi, I just checked my refresh rate but it is always capped at 120 HZ. The S21 FE doesn't have adaptive fresh rate so I don't think it can go lower than what you set it at. 

0 Likes
lucasferrari
Student
Options

Thank you, I just disable to test !

0 Likes
Shamrock_Sean
Voyager
Options

I find S21FE Snapdragon version I got at 8 gig ram not very snappy at all throughout the UI. Even worse when I charge the phone it becomes slower 

0 Likes
SERGIO TT
First Poster
Options

Hi , I want say details about this new problems: 

-When i go to camera app in normal image mode (principal) it gets utra slow and only works smooth with pro mode

-Sometimes just all the functions gets slow until you lock/unlock and go to free up ram memory.

I solve it only by unabling here ((Device and battery care > Battery > Second plane Limits > Suspend apps)) from background active apps that drains ram memory like chrome, gmal, smartswitch,etc .

I hope it helps I have S21 FE 5G 6GB 128GB .  

Note: sorry if I miss on traduction I have my device in spanish.