Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE battery drain

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 12:23 PM)
Members_EOUGeDg
Apprentice
Options

I got my s21 FE 1 week ago. I have never had a phone before when the battery drain as fast like the s21 fe. 

If you are lucky you get 2-3 hours screen on time. The biggest problem is that the battery draining very fast in idle. 10% in 1 hour when in not using the phone.

No matter if im connected to wifi or 4g(dont have 5g connection).

Always on display is off. Brightness on screen is low. Location services is off. I have all my apps in deep sleep mode when not using them. The only thing i do in the phone is browsing the web. No gaming, No video, No audio.  I get 7 hours screen on time with my 4 year old oneplus 6t with the same type of daily use. 

Anyone else expering bad battery time with s21 fe? 

50 REPLIES 50
EJ236
Explorer
Options

So running a few more tests and doing some more research. Seems like the symbol I believed was 4G was actually a VoiceOVER LTE. Which my dual Sims is trying to access over 4G network. (Have not been using 5G)

Some reading online it's believed that this feature could use up to 50% of battery life. Not sure how true this is. As with s21 fe there is no feature to switch off VOLTE. Hope samsung includes this feature to switch it off.

But will try an see if network providers can. 

0 Likes
EJ236
Explorer
Options

So I found a app called Samsung band an switched off VOLTE. Fingers crossed.

EJ236
Explorer
Options

Yep Samsung iv tried everything to get decent standby battery life. Last resort I will return the phone now.

0 Likes
Kaami Presents
First Poster
Options

I've been experiencing the same issue. Already tried everything I can but still the battery drops on standby. If you have found the solution please share.

0 Likes
Members_XoycUsi
First Poster
Options

How did you turn volte off using this app?

0 Likes
EJ236
Explorer
Options

Good day. Open the application. Click on more network settings. Click the sim card you wish to switch off voLTE. Scroll until you see voLTE icon. Then switch the tab off. Hope this helps.

0 Likes
amitsen01ei
First Poster
Options

I am facing the same problem. I bought this phone just 2 days ago. On a brand new phone with a 4500 mAh battery, I have to charge it twice a day to barely make it through the day. I have switched screen refresh rate back to 60Hz, uninstalled Facebook App, basically put every app on either Optimized or Restricted Power Usage category. Still the battery drain is just horrible. Right now I am really hoping for a firmware upgrade for this issue.

0 Likes
S21 fe battery drain
First Poster
Options

Yes, i am going through the same problem. I bought s21 fe 5g a week ago and experience serious battery and network issues. 2.5% drop down in 1 hour without any use. Befire i was using A30, a 2019 phone from samsung. After 4 years of use it still consume 1.5% in 1 hour. 

0 Likes
Ajesh Kumar
First Poster
Options

Samsung team

Same issue i have found , before this i am using Note 9 that was 3 years old, thinking of that having Bluetooth s-pen quad hd screen and lesser battery size (4000mah), upgrade to this S21fe, but i am very annoyed for battery life same i have to charge phone twice a day. biggest regret . i have m20 4 years old but amazing battery life.  team Samsung solve this issue on earliest basis , buying a 60000/- and always plug in charger that's great.

0 Likes
Abhi Das
First Poster
Options

Am also facing the exact same issue. 

0 Likes