Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE battery drain

(Topic created on: 20-02-2022 12:23 PM)
Members_EOUGeDg
Apprentice
Options

I got my s21 FE 1 week ago. I have never had a phone before when the battery drain as fast like the s21 fe. 

If you are lucky you get 2-3 hours screen on time. The biggest problem is that the battery draining very fast in idle. 10% in 1 hour when in not using the phone.

No matter if im connected to wifi or 4g(dont have 5g connection).

Always on display is off. Brightness on screen is low. Location services is off. I have all my apps in deep sleep mode when not using them. The only thing i do in the phone is browsing the web. No gaming, No video, No audio.  I get 7 hours screen on time with my 4 year old oneplus 6t with the same type of daily use. 

Anyone else expering bad battery time with s21 fe? 

50 REPLIES 50
Angelo_5rADBiC
Navigator
Options

your battery yet  learn how you to use it . If the problem persists, I recommend contacting Samsung / the operator where you purchased it 

0 Likes
EJ236
Explorer
Options

Same issue here. And iv put almost everything in deep sleep, stopped almost all apps from using background data, restricted almost all apps battery usage, data saver on, 5G off, power saving mode on, dark mode on, switched off wifi, bluetooth location scanning, nfc off, nearby device scanning off, google assistant off, bixby off, sync off, edge panels off, updated all apps on Google store on playstore, bought the proper 25w charger for the phone. I'm basically using a basic phone right now. On standby/idle I will loose 1% every 15mins. I had to do all of this to get to this. Maybe more I may be forgetting something. While my wife's A52 where I just got power saver on .I'm still counting the hours till it looses 1% on standby.

EJ236
Explorer
Options

O yeah got mine 3 weeks

0 Likes
takisgeo1984
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. When the phone is idle i lose 10 to 12% every hour. Sot is 3-4 hours max. Some days i have to charge it twice 

Skyrage
First Poster
Options

Got the exact same issue. Have had my S21 FE for 3 days now and the drain is just horrendous despite having taken virtually every single battery-saving action that exists. Around 10% drains per 6 hours when not in use whatsoever and that is just...wow. Next week I am going to return the phone and ask for a full refund cause this is just beyond worthless to me. I got a new phone specifically cause my old S8+ battery life was starting to really show it's age but never would I imagine that I would end up with a brand new phone that has a WORSE battery life than my old one.

I've seen some saying that the battery is "learning", but that does not explain then why it has to drain so much just to "learn" and thus I call BS on that.

EJ236
Explorer
Options

So I've still been trying to get better standby time on S21 fe.  I've optimized almost all apps on phone. System apps as well to restrict battery usage. Using data saver as well only allowing my favorite apps to work in background.

All this made minor an not always constant improvement. From maybe loosing 1% every 15 minutes to 20 minutes.

The 1 major thing I noticed an switched. I use dual sim.  1 calls an 1 data. But iv noticed that both my Sims are using or trying to connect on 4g network. Even tho iv set only 1 sim to data.

Im not tech savvy or anything. This may be true or not. To try an correct this iv switched my non data sim card to 2G instead of 4G.

Doing this my phone is now constantly more cooler. Whereas before it would be constantly warm. 

I loose 1% between 50 to 60 minutes. I'm still resting this theory. If yourl using dual sim maybe check this out. Hope this helps. Don't know if url need to do all my other steps. But changing 2G without doing those steps could help alone.

I just put alot of time to reset phone.

EJ236
Explorer
Options

Resting=testing.

0 Likes
EJ236
Explorer
Options

IRL testing. With moving from one place to another. Network jumping around I'm finding I'm getting about 1% drain every 30mins.

Iv now added "do not disturb" to my arsenal to void drainage on standby. I seem to be getting 1% drainage every 40mins. Iv allowed whatsapp an all calls an messages.

Sucks that gotta go through all of this just to get decent battery life when you not even using the phone. 

Worst thing is to wake up to a dead battery which you thought ur 50 or 60% bat life would last the night. 

Anyway hope this helps someone who still has faith in this phone. All this still includes everything above my original posts.

So nothings changed since then. Only added.

0 Likes
EJ236
Explorer
Options

  JustScreenshot_20220310-131031_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220310-131012_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220310-131834_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20220310-131856_Device care.jpg

0 Likes