Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 FE 5G issues after update

(Topic created on: 13-01-2023 12:56 PM)
Callistus3
First Poster
Options
Anyone else experiencing app and general performance issues after Android 13 update on their S21 FE? I had a perfectly functioning phone until the Android 13 update. Since then, apps have stopped working properly, phone performance has slowed. I've wiped cache partition numerous times and in the end had to factory reset with all the hassle that entails. Unfortunately, this still hasn't resolved the issues and I'm constantly having to reboot my phone, two or three times a day, to ensure the apps function. Seems as though my phone is now useless since the update.
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
danx55
Voyager
Options
hi there,
bummer sorry to hear that... oddly mine seems to like a13 better than previous firm ware
.... any apps in particular?.... I've uninstalled and install some before
good luck
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@Callistus3: I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing these performance issues, and that they have persisted following a factory data reset. Have you introduced any apps to the device since performing the update? If so, please try uninstalling them temporarily, as this will help to determine if the issues are stemming from an external source. If the phone becomes slow or sluggish, try heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Memory > Clean now > RAM Plus > Increase the amount of virtual memory. 

If the issues persist then I recommend reaching out to our Help Desk by heading to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the screen > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred channel, and an advisor will be able to assist you further, and arrange any necessary repairs. 

Jonesy1
Pioneer
Options
My S21 ultra has been doing it since the 22nd of November when I updated to android 13. Nothing has worked to fix the issue. Had the door stop repair guy yesterday and he replaced to motherboard saying they are getting lots of these currently. So far so good 👍🏼
0 Likes
Callistus3
First Poster
Options
Thanks for suggestions and comments everyone. I'll keep on persevering to see if things improve following some of your suggestions.
0 Likes
Grape rape
First Poster
Options

One year later Android 14 kicks butt , it fixed all the issues I've had over the past 6 months

0 Likes