Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 constant crashing and restrting

(Topic created on: 07-04-2021 05:43 PM)
Ghummy
Pioneer
Options

I am seriously getting to the end of my tether here and considering getting trading standards involved.

does anyone else have an issue with their S21 5G constantly restarting/rebooting automatically. yes i have the auto restart disabled, it happens in safe mode and even when plugged in charging and even when not.

can go days without a crash then crash and reboot like 6 times in the space of minutes.

have already raised a ticket with samsung, the phone has gone to their authorised service centre and has come back stating they have repaired the device however still the issue persists.

anyone have any bright ideas, has this webview thing ive been reading about got anything to do this thing restating and crashing.

please help, it would help if someone from samsung actually replied to this topic. 

22 REPLIES 22
Ghummy
Pioneer
Options
Yes the sansung boot logo comes up as if your first starting the phone then on the dash board i get a notification saying phone has restarted
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That's terrible, I hope Samsung can replace your device, it sounds more like some kind of flash memory error.
0 Likes
all-2
Explorer
Options
Samsung doesn't care as long as you buy samsung phone
0 Likes
all-2
Explorer
Options
Don't buy any samsung phone
0 Likes
N1kk1
Student
Options
I have exactly the same problem. Mines been back to Samsung but they told me there were no faults. They blame 3rd party apps for causing the crashes even though it does it in safe mode. I'm out of ideas with what to do next. If you have any luck with them let me know!
Ghummy
Pioneer
Options
I have a doorstep repair booked for this thursday. Fortunatly i managed to.video the phone having a spastic attack. Wrnt into a rapid bootloop and had to forced shut down with the volume up and power.key. will show this to them. No way is this software problem as the phone is naked in terms of apps
0 Likes
LG_A
Journeyman
Options

Android System WebView is causing issues like phone reboots etc have a look in different threads

0 Likes
Ghummy
Pioneer
Options
Well we have tried it enabled, disabled, updated and not updated and every other combination imaginable. It is not the cause in this phone
0 Likes
Ghummy
Pioneer
Options
An update to this. Wefix engineer is here. Shown him the video of it that i took with my other phone. He is replacing the motherboard and advised against sending for repair by post. He said he worked there before and they rarely spend enough time or effort to replicate problema
0 Likes
Abe1
Apprentice
Options

I have the same issue, constant crashing and random reboots for me. It started with the webview problem for me and it is getting worse, with multiple reboots per day now. I tried everything from updating chrome and webview to uninstalling their updates, factory resets, and, I spoke to Samsung multiple times but they give me a few tips and tell me its a "software glitch that was working on" even though many people have it resolved. I'll take any advice.

0 Likes