Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Charging - Wireless Charger EP-N5100

(Topic created on: 18-07-2021 09:14 PM)
eaglebald
Apprentice
Options
I am changing from the Samsung S9 to the S21 and have a question regarding charging of my new S21. I have a Samsung Wireless Charger EP-N5100 and would like to know if I can use this to charge my new Samsung S21. I obviously don't want to damage the phone/ battery by using a charger that may not be suitable. Thanks
0 Likes
5 REPLIES 5
StephK1
Options

Hey @eaglebald! The S21 is compatible with 15W wireless chargers for Fast Charging. As this wireless charger's maximum output is 9V, you would likely see slower thank usual charge times and possibly shorter battery life throughout the day if using it on your S21. Hope this helps 🙂

eaglebald
Apprentice
Options
That's great, thanks very much.
0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Hello @eaglebald,
Using the wireless charger you mentioned won't impact your battery in any way. The only things is that it will charge at a slower rate than your phone maximum wireless charging speed.

Think of it like filling up a bucket under a tap (I'm gonna go wild here with the theory). You can fill it very quickly at a river because it's capable of taking in quite a bit of water at once but if it's filled at a tap it will fill slower due to the tap supplying water at a slower rate.
In the end when you use that water it doesn't matter which way it was filled; it will be used up at the same rate.
So if you aren't bothered about the faster speed, your current wireless charger will work just fine. You won't use up your battery quicker because you didn't use a faster charger.
eaglebald
Apprentice
Options
Hi Risky24, that's a great help as the Samsung website hasn't given me any useful info! I get why they have ditched including new chargers with every knew phone, but the least they could do is to be clear about what old wireless chargers work with newer phones and any impact they may or may not have on the new device. Thanks again and yes your analogy was great, even a luddite like myself understood👍
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
To be fair, they are very specific on their website about the exact specification these phones are capable of in terms of charging. I do think it's not entirely Samsung duty to notify users of which chargers specifically work for their products as this should be handled by the 3rd party sellers (given the obvious huge scale of aftermarket products available).