Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

S21+ can the alarm sound even when phone is on mute or vibrate?

(Topic created on: 13-06-2021 01:15 AM)
MowlTheOwl
Apprentice
Options
Hi everybody, I'm kinda new to Samsung phones and I just brought a S21+ and I can't seem to get the alarm to sound while the phone is set to vibrate. The only way I can get it to work is if the phone is on loud which is not really the most convenient as every other phone I had could have it in vibrate and the alarm would still sound.

I'm not sure if there is just some setting that I need to change or whether that is actually the only way to make it work? Please help!
18 REPLIES 18
MowlTheOwl
Apprentice
Options
This actually did work! Thank you so much! Now I can have my phone in vibrate mode but the alarms still make sound 😁
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@MowlTheOwl: i'm glad to hear that that's worked for you. You can also adjust the volume of your alarm sound by opening the Clock app > Tap the 3 dots in the top right > Settings > Sound > Adjust the slider at the bottom of the screen. I hope this helps. 

0 Likes
Mschroeder6
First Poster
Options

Thank you!

0 Likes
BigD65
First Poster
Options
Hi, just in case you haven't resolved this problem, I had the same issue. Go to the alarms screen, hit the three dots, then settings. The first section 'Vibrate for alarms and timers' and 'deselect' this option. Now your alarms will sound, even when your phone is muted.
0 Likes
Qawi Qasem
First Poster
Options

Thank you Anj_8 

That's work with my Galaxy S21 ultra👍

0 Likes
JaspalUbhi
First Poster
Options

Hi,

There has just been a recent update and this setting doesn't appear there any more. I've tried to look in the setting but I cannot seem to find how to adjust the intensity of the vibration for each alarm. Clearly samsung have changed this but I don't know if they have removed it, if they have its quite pathetic. As its a basic function. Does anyone know where to change it now?

0 Likes
Newtoit85
First Poster
Options

Thanks so much! 

I did this and it worked. You're a legend 

0 Likes
Members_DVuSLgi
First Poster
Options

No, the solution of MowlTheOwl works like a charm !

0 Likes
blindbaldrick
First Poster
Options
You saved my sanity!! Thank you so much!
0 Likes