Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 can I return the phone if the camera not working properly ??

(Topic created on: 28-03-2021 10:02 AM)
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
So the camera is making blurry photos with close objects. No changes after settings reset.. also in safe mode exactly the same .. no matter options u change .. indoor outdoor.. 64k.. normal quality it's also the same on video blurry with close objects and u cannot read text. Its only working OK if u zoom it from 0.5 to 1.0 .. after 1.0 its OK but that's because its working with the second camera I guess. Even if u take photo from far and zoom in after its the same u cannot read text or what ever it's not about close photos it's about small objects like letters are  blurry always. So can I return this phone or replace it with s21 Ultra for example ? What is the return policy about blurry or broken camera ? Pls don't ask about the lens. The lens is clean and clear.. the camera is broken.

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
If you haven't caused the damage yourself, you could potentially return the phone back to Samsung
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
Sometimes the auto focus gets stuck. Gently shake the device and you'll hear the camera Rattle then try taking the same photo again.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
It's not autofocus.. I turn it off .. on.. no matter what I do its the same and it was aways like this
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi, that's strange I just checked my camera its taking sharp images, here's a used EE voucher.
The picture looks pretty sharp.
Contact Samsung customer service.
These two are from 10x.
You might have a bug in your camera software.

20210328_111022_754.jpg

20210328_111349_760.jpg

20210328_111430_761.jpg

0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
I spoke with them they told me reset settings (didn't work) then try with Safe mode - didn't work as well. And also if the first photo u posted it's without zoom it's like omg terrible quality like mine. Never seen S version phone with so bad camera really.
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

Hi, if you did not damage the phone you have a 14 days return window for whatever reason you want to return it.

The "problem" you are experiencing is not really a defect since the phone has a big sensor and a relatively small lense (think about cameras where you can have lenses which are more than 10cm long!) due to that the minimum focus distance is increased compared to a smaller sensor (like the classical 12mpx sensors used from the s6 up to the s10).

As a piece of advice I would advise you against buying an s20 ultra or other phones such as the p40 and so on (basically every phone which has a big sensor) in order not to have the problem which is down to physical optics laws.

If you want to stay within the galaxy "family" my advice is to go for an s21/21plus or the s20 Fe 5g (not the 4g) with the latter one being my pick about what to get. Those phones offer great performance soc wise (the s20 fe 5g has a snap 865 and therefore has a faster gpu compared to the exynos 2100 in the s21s) and they all share the same exact main sensor which is bigger than the one of the s10s but smaller than the one of the ultra which you got, so you should have less problems. Zoom-wise you should pick the s20 fe 5g because it has an optical 3x instead of digital 3x of the s20s and s21s (non ultra).

Hope I helped

Archer
Qwerty7
Helping Hand
Options
The 64mp sensor is just like this on the s20/s21 - it has bad autofocus. The best sensor is the regular 12mp one, which can be selected by clicking (3:4) in the options. Higher megapixels isn't always better. That 64mp is mainly used for zoom photos where nearby focus isn't an issue. It isn't a problem with your phone, it's just that that sensor is not good at focusing on any device that has it. If you switch to the main 12mp sensor, all should be fine. Also, make sure to use 1.0x zoom. That will utilise the main 12mp sensor AFYER it is selected (i.e. DONT use 64mp 3:4)
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
Thanks for replay. First this is S21 phone. Second there is absolutely nothing normal the phone camera to cannot make text photo and it's impossible to read it no matter what kind of cameras u are talking about. Even if I take the photo from far and then zoom it its impossible to see text or small objects clear simply because that camera has problem. Any phone u can buy on the market can make u a simple photo of any text - including S6 for 50 euro second hand, except this one I have now and I want to trow from the window. Something else .. this phone dosnt offer nothing called "great performance " with the worst display compared to all S version phones. U can see the specs of display I'm lazy to post them but this one is the lowest in ppi and resolution lower than S6 also. Cheap. I'm not surprised that the camera it's also cheap almost the same like A version phones except the 8k option. There is nothing great on this phone who cannot make a simple close sharp colors photo and slow motion on videos it's terrible.
0 Likes
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
I change everything the senzor everything it's exactly the same on all of them it's only working when it's zoomed from 0.5 to 1.00.. after that it's OK but u have the photo with zoom .. who will make zoomed photos by default? And u are wrong. With 64mp it's exactly the same. But thanks for replay. I spoke with Samsung 2 times they they totally refuse to replace the phone they don't replace phones sadly simply because I guess they are many returns already on this overpriced phone it dosnt offer almost nothing better than A71 on a half price. They can only repair it but refuse to replace it with any other phone. Guess why. :)))
0 Likes