Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 can I return the phone if the camera not working properly ??

(Topic created on: 13-04-2021 08:49 AM)
TheEyes
Pioneer
Options
So the camera is making blurry photos with close objects. No changes after settings reset.. also in safe mode exactly the same .. no matter options u change .. indoor outdoor.. 64k.. normal quality it's also the same on video blurry with close objects and u cannot read text. Its only working OK if u zoom it from 0.5 to 1.0 .. after 1.0 its OK but that's because its working with the second camera I guess. Even if u take photo from far and zoom in after its the same u cannot read text or what ever it's not about close photos it's about small objects like letters are  blurry always. So can I return this phone or replace it with s21 Ultra for example ? What is the return policy about blurry or broken camera ? Pls don't ask about the lens. The lens is clean and clear.. the camera is broken.

0 Likes
33 REPLIES 33
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That most certainly isn't the norm, at least the focusing part. The S21 Ultra has no issue focusing on text and destroys previous Samsung cameras in this regard. An example of very faint text in very bad lighting conditions. These are taken with 108MP and 12MP.

20210330_132919_3341.jpg

20210330_132907_3340.jpg

0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
And this is all I could get from my Note 10+ 5G in the exact same conditions.

20210330_133117_27585.jpg

0 Likes
Risky24
Helping Hand
Options
Exactly! This is no where near the norm for the S21 series. The photos posted by TheEyes are clearly not focused on the item in front of it. Just try it for yourself by putting something with text in front of the camera and tap to focus on the background instead; you will end with the exact results posted by TheEyes.
0 Likes
all-2
Explorer
Options
No returns policies don't buy samsung
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

If you get really close the s21 ultra uses the wide angle not the main sensor hence why you got a closer focus ocmpared to the note 10 plus

Archer
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
CORRECTION - The phone only switches to the Ultra wide camera if scene optimiser is on as well as focus enhancement enabled, neither option is on and it can't for a 108MP shot either, which one of the images is.
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

It is phisically impossible for the main sensor to get a closer focus compared to the smaller sensor of the note and s10. If you calculate the focals and minimum focus distance the one of the note and s10 is much shorter.

Archer
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Whilst this may very well be true under good lighting conditions, this point is moot due to the fact the S21 Ultra can use its Ultra wide sensor to achieve an even closer and more detailed shot. The comparison I made demonstrates that even though the Note 10+ has a better minimum focal distance, the S21 Ultra is superior in far less than optimum lighting conditions and in fact could achieve focus in a situation where it was impossible on the Note 10+ 5G. This actually comes in handy a lot more than one might expect.
0 Likes
all_gone_blurry
First Poster
Options
I have exactly the same problem with my A20. Was hoping the latest software update would fix. But it has not. Very poor support from Samsung for what is becoming a regularly reported problem.
0 Likes
Archer_Legend
Voyager
Options

the mimum focus distance is not related to the lighting conditions at all.. as long as the sensor is able to see something it will be able to focus as it should.

It is debatable whether we can call the use the ultra wide lense to focus closely something comparable to the main sensor of the note 10. Personally I do not think it is meaningful and it may be fancy to patch the hardware fault of the s21 ultra main sensor when taking a casual picture of a flower but for what I have seen in a situation where you need a photo to be a close up and be usable without any silly distorsion like photos of book pages the ultra wide produces non usable results

Archer
0 Likes