Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 camera fails

(Topic created on: 24-10-2022 08:35 PM)
alanwilky47
First Poster
Options
The camera on my phone S21 ultra keeps failing especially with taking selfies. I clear Data and caches regularly however this is only a temporary aid. Is there a permanent solution

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Please elaborate, how is it failing?
0 Likes
alanwilky47
First Poster
Options
After some time using the camera I get a message stating my camera as failed. If I try to use my rear lens it becomes failed straight away. I have to clear Data and Cache before I can use forward lens. I can't use.the rear lens at all
0 Likes
AndrewL
Options

@alanwilky47: Please try pressing the Volume Down and Power buttons together for around 10 seconds until your S21 Ultra restarts, as this will refresh the device and address any issues that might be affecting the Camera app. Following the restart, open the Camera app and check your front and rear cameras to see if the issue persists. If it does, please head to the Phone app, dial *#0*# into the telephone keypad and select Megacam and Front Cam from the series of grey tiles. If the same 'Camera failed' message appears then the issue is likely to be hardware related, in which case please head to samsung.com > Scroll to the bottom of the page > Contact us, and get in touch via your preferred contact option, and an advisor will be able to arrange an engineer's inspection under warranty. 

0 Likes
Members_A9WfTz6
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I have the same problem with both my front and rear camera on my S21 Ultra.

Initially i got the 'camera failed' message with the front only but now both have stopped working.

I took the device in to a local shop to get the cameras changed but was told that they are fine and i have since tried the star,hash,zero,star,hash which showed the front camera was still not working but the rear camera worked.

Is there a software fix for this?

0 Likes