Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 camera blurry/ lag

(Topic created on: 14-08-2021 01:30 AM)
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
Hiya,

Is anyone else still having camera issues with the S21? 

I've tried different settings but the time delay between pressing the button and the shutter actually releasing is ridiculous- most of my photos are coming out blurry. It seems to happen more when the light is good, which is completely against common sense too. I've never had any issue with previous galaxy cameras and had way better results. 

Any tips gratefully received as me and a friend are having the same problem and no idea how to resolve it. Thanks :smiling-face:
13 REPLIES 13
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Have you tried using Pro Mode in the Camera options where you can adjust the shutter speeds amongst other good settings which can improve photo qualities @Bel1983 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

Ventor
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Bel1983 hello, try to reset camera settings and try. From Camera / Settings / Reset settings.
Clear cache would help too, regards.

"The quieter you become-the more you are able to hear..."

0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
I have, but in my opinion the photo I'm trying to capture shouldn't warrant that kind of detail. I used pro mode for special photos on previous Sx phones, when I had time, or if the lighting conditions were rubbish. I think what confuses me is that the light and whatnot should allow for a quick shutter speed and a photo to be taken "off the rail" so to speak. I'm compensating by holding the phone really still for a good few seconds but it's not quite enough, and I don't want to have to do that ideally. Cheers :smiling-face:
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
I'll have a look but I've only had the phone for a month and it's done it since day 1, so I'm not sure that will be the answer. Definitely worth a shot though thanks. I just took a few snaps and they were mostly OK as a result, but there is definitely a fairly long delay after pressing the button even on inanimate objects. I think there is more issue when something is still but has the potential to move, like the scene optimiser is interfering potentially. I find the macro capacity of this phone is greatly reduced too- I can't get anywhere near as close to items as I used to be able to and keep them in focus.
0 Likes
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I think the camera UI is quite laggy but that might be because it's 60hz not the 120hz your eyes are used to. Hard to tell, but compared with iphone the camera UI is smooth and that's in 60hz, Samsung just need to work on performance.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Are you using the 64 MP 3.4 or the normal 3.4?

0 Likes
Bel1983
Explorer
Options
No idea. I haven't changed any settings if that helps?
0 Likes
marksawtell
Apprentice
Options
Yup , really pissed off how Samsung told me to first of all factory reset my phone which all in all took 5 hours and made no difference. Explained to the tech guy this was since they did an update but wasn't interested. Told me to book it in for repair and could take upto 14 days . Ton of people complaining of the same thing but they want me to have no phone for 14 days. Sick of Samsung. Going back to apple .
0 Likes
VST007
Pathfinder
Options

You can try to disable the Scene Optimizer (like an auto HDR) and check if that will make an impact.

0 Likes