Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 beta / General release question

(Topic created on: 16-11-2021 05:29 PM)
fx777
Explorer
Options
I have the S21 beta downloaded onto my phone back in early October. I didn't install it. So whenever I go into software updates it just shows there as waiting to be installed. I think it was Beta 2.
Now the full release is out, it still only shows the beta 2 in my software updates. How do I install the full release version now it is out? Do install this pending beta and then do a software update again, or another way? Seems a bit painful to have to install the beta first then the full release? 
Thanks 😊 
0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options
Now that the stable version has been released, quickest way is to download Beta 2, you'll then get Beta 3 straight after, download that and get Beta 4. Download that then do the stable version.

0 Likes
Ty2022
Navigator
Options
I'm on the latest beta which I got on 15/11 but not sure how,if and when I'll get the stable release Screenshot_20211117-130632_Software update.jpg
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Ty2002 Could you post a screenshot of your, System information.

Settings >About phone > Software information

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Ty2022
Navigator
Options
I'm not that daft,spent half my life on xda developers ha haScreenshot_20211117-154101_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

@Ty2022 

You are indeed that daft! 😉

Your screenshot clearly shows that you are on the BUK8 official stock update for Android 12, One UI 4. There was no Beta release on Monday 15th November... that was the update to BUK8.

See post #1 of...

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/galaxy-s21-series/15-nov-21-android-12-stock-official-update-is-...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Ty2022
Navigator
Options
I will class myself daft on this occasion as I was told something else where the last update was beta 3,I'd get a 4 then the stable version