Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Battery Life

(Topic created on: 06-02-2021 11:03 PM)
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
Hi, why is the battery life bad on my S21, got 1hr49min SOT and already used 40% battery wtf is this. Therefore I am looking at like 4hr SOT on a 2021 samsung flagship. Exynos still *****. 

I am pretty sure I got around 6 to 6.5 hrs first day or two

19 REPLIES 19
Tracymcpherson
Apprentice
Options

Are you optimising and closing apps this will help 

0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
yes I optimise the apps I don't use by putting them to sleep or deep sleep
0 Likes
Phil A
Pioneer
Options

Depends on what you're doing tbh, if you're just watching loads of stuff and not touching the screen as much then it'll last longer, if you're constantly scrolling as soon as you touch the screen the refresh rate goes up to 120 again which will drain more battery, also I don't recommend chrome as I've been facing issues with it in terms of active battery use, I swapped to samsung internet and that's been a lot more efficient

0 Likes
Edwardmcardle
Pioneer
Options

I got good screen on time on mine (exynos). Might need to reset the phone , maybe reinstall apps manually etc? 

0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
I have mostly been just using twitter tbh and used Navigation for like 12 minutes. Imagine if this didn't have adaptive refresh rate and was stuck at 120hz like s20,the battery life may have been worse than s20😳
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
what do u mean by re install apps manually? 🤔 how much sot are u getting on ur s21. if u don't mind, what settings u use?
0 Likes
AzadRobertson
Pathfinder
Options
its probably to do with; your ram your brightness your multitasking your recent apps your notifications your time on phone your data bluetooth wifi amount of apps on phone how many sim cards you have how much (if you have one) storage you have on sd card... I would check those if I were you
0 Likes
GizmoMKD
Pioneer
Options

you are not alone, i have *****ting battery life too... mostly on wifi during the day SOT max 2h... even on standby battery is fading for 15%~ when everything is turned off....

Edwardmcardle
Pioneer
Options

Definitely not normal , no way any degree of normal usage can do that..maybe try hard reset and restore apps from scratch?

0 Likes