Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 battery life

(Topic created on: 05-03-2021 01:03 PM)
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
I see alot of posts on here about how bad the s21 battery life is. Mine is the same. I have done all the battery saving tips with apps display etc. Its still pretty bad. I think it is possibly the exynos processor as it can get quite warm and I've heard it is worse for battery life then the snapdragon processor. Can someone tell me if they have issues with the battery life on the snapdragon variant?
0 Likes
19 REPLIES 19
mozzy
Pioneer
Options
What kind of screen on time are you experiencing? After having it mine (exynos version) for over a week I'm getting around the 6 hour mark.
Also, how did you carry all your apps, info etc over to your new phone?
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
between 5 and 6 on a full charge it does vary. yes I transferred all my info but I have put most of my apps to sleep. do you think that is a decent amount of on screen time?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
That all depends on type of phone usage during those on screen hours as well as background usage of apps. Also it depends on which model of S21 we're talking about as well as total on time.
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
I get a maximum of 3 to 5 hours SoT regardless of usage or settings on my s21 Ultra but Samsung has declared it faulty , my processing power is far below what it should be and the battery drain shouldn't be as terrible as it is.

this however carries on in slightly varying experiences to my other 2 devices in the house , all 3 the S21 Ultra Exynos 512/16 models.

all 3 being replaced :s

on a side note, compared benchmarks to other users of the same device and 2 of mine are showing significant drops in both single core and multi core performance even under the most ideal of conditions.

if you have received the newest updates and depending on your model, with light to medium use you should it through a full day to a day and a half on average according to most sources.

you say 6 hours SoT but what kind of settings and usage? playing games? videos? varied mix?

if you're running QHD, 120hz, full power performance and brightness on auto for an example, id say you got a good amount of SoT regardless of model.

in reviews and tests the S21 Exynoss model still gets about 12hrs video playback continuously , I have tried to replicate that and have a dead phone in a maximum of 5hrs on YouTube with medium to high power saving settings and brightness at 30%
0 Likes
Benny1980
Navigator
Options
I have the base model which is obviously a smaller battery. I would expect you to get a lot more on screen time then you are getting on your ultra though.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
to be honest for the small s21 that's good, I get that on my s20 at 60hz
0 Likes
Phoenix142
Helping Hand
Options
yeah there's been a lot of this going on with the ultra, some say the updates have helped but for others it for worse or just shifted one problem to another area..

hoping the replacements will be worth it and the updates will help :smiling-face:
0 Likes
mozzy
Pioneer
Options
Yeah, sounds about the same as my standard S21, which I think is about the going rate, unless 🤞 someone can tell me otherwise.
If you haven't already seen it, I found this video quite helpful;
https://youtu.be/uQopXZIXGzk
Emmaella
Student
Options
My battery drains really fast even when phone is not in use, I have tried deep-sleeping all of my apps to reduce background battery consumption but nothing I do seems to be working. Is this a general problem with the S21 series or I should look out for an exchange or refund. I really don't know what to do. 
0 Likes