Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 battery life

(Topic created on: 13-02-2021 10:14 AM)
dougall360
Explorer
Options
Had the new S21 for over a week now after switching from Huawei however I am finding the battery life dreadful.
I use my phone throughout the day on calls and watching videos. My Huawei would easily last a full day whereas I find I am having to charge my S21 at least twice a day sometimes more.
I have optimised all my settings and ensured everything was as it should be 

The main reason for drained battery seems to be Google chrome. It seems to be using well over 20% of the battery each time even when I'm barely on it .
Any suggestions on this one?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
dougall360
Explorer
Options
I tested it there and samsung browser isn't letting me use my Google auto fill. It has its own auto fill but doesn't allow you to import it from Google
0 Likes
Laurac84
Pathfinder
Options
did you try downloading Google from the playstore?
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Can you post a screen of the version of Google chrome installed. To find it, long press the Google chrome icon then select the "i" and scroll to the bottom.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can confirm google chrome is a big culprit, I guess it's the syncing in the background that it does. I have an urge to delete it as I use edge as well.
But I also love my autofill and that's why I keep it as my Ultra still lasts me a day or 2 days with moderate use.
dougall360
Explorer
Options
I have made sure that it's the latest version I'm using as I know having an old one can reduce battery life

Screenshot_20210213-094453_Settings.jpg

dougall360
Explorer
Options
Yea I couldn't not use Google chrome unfortunately. I do admit that I regularly use my phone. I'm not wanting it to last 2 or 3 days but I High end smart phone, I would expect at least the full day with normal usage.
Maybe even a charge towards the end of the day but yesterday at 1pm in afternoon I was down to 20%
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I feel lot of apps like Facebook and chrome are not playing nice with the s21, need optimisation both from Samsung and the app developer.
Playing video in chrome will eat through your battery as well.
Try YouTube instead, I have to check if it makes a difference.
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I use chrome, but not for anything more than Web page browsing. It typically doesn't eat up much of my battery life, around at most 10%/hour.
0 Likes
dougall360
Explorer
Options
Yea I only use chrome for Web browsing

I turned off my notifications for chrome and ensured it was on the sleeping apps.
This has made a big difference already. Been using my phone constantly for hours and it's still got 75%
0 Likes
dougall360
Explorer
Options
Spoke to soon. Only used chrome for 7 minutes and it's used nearly 20% battery in 6 hours. There must be something I'm missing

Screenshot_20210213-154453_Device care.jpg

0 Likes