Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 battery life

(Topic created on: 12-02-2021 11:55 PM)
dougall360
Explorer
Options
Had the new S21 for over a week now after switching from Huawei however I am finding the battery life dreadful.
I use my phone throughout the day on calls and watching videos. My Huawei would easily last a full day whereas I find I am having to charge my S21 at least twice a day sometimes more.
I have optimised all my settings and ensured everything was as it should be 

The main reason for drained battery seems to be Google chrome. It seems to be using well over 20% of the battery each time even when I'm barely on it .
Any suggestions on this one?

0 Likes
22 REPLIES 22
Laurac84
Pathfinder
Options
Have you put the app to "sleep"
0 Likes
dougall360
Explorer
Options
I have yea
0 Likes
Laurac84
Pathfinder
Options
Maybe try putting it to deep sleep and see if that makes a difference?
APARMAR
Troubleshooter
Options
Please use these tips from me:
First tip, always keep dark mode on if thats fine with you, secondly, go to settings, then go to connections, go to more connection settings and turn off nearby device scanning because it uses a lot of battery in the background, and the third tip is to uninstall any apps that you don't use because the less apps there are, the less battery that will be wasted in the background. Before I changed all these settings on my s20 plus, the battery would last about 6.5 hours but now I have changed the settings, the battery gives me about 9 to 10 hours before it dies which is a huge improvement. Please use these tips and you will have a much longer lasting phone and battery. Hope this helps!
Let me know if your battery lasts longer.
dougall360
Explorer
Options
thanks I hadn't tried the scan nearby connection settings. its frustrating having to limit the functionality of your phone in order for it to last however.
I'll see if it helps any
it's Googlechrome that seems to be the main issue
0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
there seems to be an issue with chrome, I had same high usage and switched to Samsung browser. Disable chrome and try samsung one
dougall360
Explorer
Options
My only issue with that is I have a lot of auto fill forms and other services with Google. Can I still use these in samsung browser?
0 Likes
Laurac84
Pathfinder
Options
was just going to say try a different browser 👍🏻
0 Likes
Laurac84
Pathfinder
Options
I downloaded Google from the playstore and can still use auto fill forms with that.
0 Likes