Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Battery Life after Update

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 12:05 PM)
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
Hi, so for the past 2 weeks I have been getting around 5 hrs SOT, which I think is not good enough for a 4000mah battery as I don't use it to game or anything that extensive and I also have turned off some features such as WiFi and nearby scanning and use dark mode all the time.

However after updating to the latest February patch, I was hoping of seeing a slight improvement and would expect this phone to at least hit 6hr SOT with my usage, however I am still getting 5hrs SOT.

What SOT u guys getting with Exynos S21? 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Can I ask which update you have on your device?

Go to... Settings > Software update > Download and install > Software update information > Current version... (first set of numbers and letters, i.e. G991B????????

The reason for asking is that there have been 2 February releases. The first caused issues and the second update is the bugfix one. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
I got the second one, the first one didn't cause any significant battery drain issues as reported by other people, which I saw some people saying 30% drain on 6 to 8hr standby, but I only had max 6% drain on standby even when I updated to the first Feb Patch. however I see youtube tests with exynos s21 getting around 7hr SOT which I haven't got close to.

Screenshot_20210214-033752_Software update.jpg

0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Here are some useful battery saving tips for Galaxy s21 5G users...

How To Improve Battery Life On Samsung Galaxy S21

There is also this video on Tips 'n Tricks and how to optimise your device...

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
0 Likes
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
I'm getting about 7 and a half to 8 hours on mine. I'm home on maternity leave and use my phone most the day for photos, social media, YouTube, and TikTok so I feel like the battery is pretty good. it outlasts my mate 20 Pro by a fair bit
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You will always get more SOT at home on WiFi as its a steady signal,
On mobile will depend on the carrier signal strength.
If you don't use 5g or if it's patchy use the lte option under mobile connections.
And use dark mode.
Also under permissions make sure apps use location only when open.
0 Likes
Ielite
Pioneer
Options
that's very good , I am at mostly home due to lockdown as well but I get nothing near that. which model do u have and is it exynos?
0 Likes
KellyW93
Explorer
Options
s21 ultra, yes is is exynos
0 Likes