Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Battery Issues

(Topic created on: 01-02-2021 07:25 PM)
Albabarn
Explorer
Options
Has anyone else received their Exynos S21? I'm finding the battery is tanking fa quicker than any phone I've ever had before. Even with the initial few days, it's worrying how quickly it's dropping.
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
BeyondGalaxy
First Poster
Options
if you're having issues with your device it might be worth reporting it to the customer service team. they are often quick to fix or replace faulty items.
0 Likes
Albabarn
Explorer
Options
I've popped something on twitter in case it's just me/the device
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

I have been using my S21 ultra this morning... not excessively... but setting up things and browsing.  It is down to 74%... since 7:30am.   i think that is reasonable.  

You need to remember that the phone is learning your habits, and in fact the battery should be more stable after a number of days of usage.  

If you go to settings - battery and device care - battery, then you will see where it has predicted time left ...there will be a statement 'A full charge will last about:  Learning Usage Patterns'.   

This signifies that it is getting used to your battery usage habits to optimise accordingly.  I think you should be a little patient and wait until at least it has had a few full cycles of usage and charging before making any assumptions.

Kind Regards
Smiley 😀

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
malc123
First Poster
Options
I have a J3 old I no but still working well but I'm having trouble downloading app every app I try it says its installed already any ideas how to fix this.
0 Likes
smiley
Troubleshooter
Options

You are in the wrong forum.  Try one that is relevant to the J3.  Probably select category Smartphones - other smartphones.  

- Smiley
------------------------------------------------------------------------
SAMSUNG S23 ULTRA 512GB SM-S918B/DS

Samsung Galaxy Watch 5 Pro SM-R920 in Grey Titanium
Samsung Galaxy Buds2 Pro SM-R510 in Graphite
0 Likes
Albabarn
Explorer
Options
so, I'm a few cycles in, battery is now calibrated. the estimated charge remaining on the screen I think needs to have a word with itself.
The actual discharge is a steep drop, the estimated is nice and gentle suggesting 10 hours left. I've no idea how it can suggest a slow discharge with the data immediately before it showing rapid drain.
Some reviews were showing really decent screen on time, but these were all the Snapdragon variant. I really hope this phone isn't a lemon like some of the previous exynos releases 😔
0 Likes
Albabarn
Explorer
Options
a bit of further checking, first screen grab is the Samsung software advising 15 hours remaining, the second is Accubattery Pro which shows I'm burning approximately 20% battery per hour, and that is doing nothing other than screen on showing this screen. I would imagine anything that taxes the phone beyond showing a dashboard will cause significantly faster drain.

Screenshot_20210201-133947_AccuBattery_968.jpg

Screenshot_20210201-134004_Device care_969.jpg

0 Likes
ribbo
First Poster
Options
so I had s21 on release day,bit annoyed comes with no charger which is extra cost,but charged the phone overnight from 7am to 8am when I was at work not used the phone my battery life dropped from 100% to 83% within that hour,having rang my provider been on the phone for 20 minutes it dropped to 61% shocking batterylife so far
0 Likes