Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 battery is draining so fast

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 12:37 PM)
-eMeM-
Explorer
Options

Mobile data: off, Wifi: off, BT: off,  NFC: off, 5G: off during sleep at night situation:

*2 nights ago, the battery was 33% I wake up and was 0%, the phone was off

**last night battery was 42% I wake up and was less than 10% 

I never have any problem with Samsung phones, and this is really bad. Now I'm scared I will oversleep and late on a job if my phone will be dead when the alarm should be ringing.  And only one solution is to leave all night phone on charger!!!!  

17 REPLIES 17
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
wow that game merge dragons uses alot of battery 37% that could be your problem i play zday and that only uses 15% but it might not be that merge dragons is more detailed than zday. Also what screen resolution are you running because I know that will eat up the battery as well and also have to take into account the size of the battery as well.
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Unde mobile connections make sure you use lte and 5g if you don't have 5g.
Use dark mode where possible.
make sure apps have location permissions only when open.
Use samsung wellbeing to set your sleep schedule.
And I charge my phone at night so I always have 100% when I wake.
0 Likes
-eMeM-
Explorer
Options

@Hel393  where is exactly the option to put the app in deep sleep or just sleep? 

@Mimo40 but I think that is for all-day percentage, so I don't know is the game running in the background when I'm not playing so can be that problem 😕 

The screen mode is natural, full-screen apps all are off, motion smoothness is standard, but the option for the resolution I don't have 😕 

@GoanGeek mobile is LTE, location is allowed all the time for Garmin (because of my watch), Facebook, galaxy wearable, google, Bixby voice (but I'm not using Bixby so I don't know why is on, and see I can't change option for that 😞 ), rest of the app are allowed just in use or denied, this wellbeing I never used, but I can set up sleep schedule for example 23-05 if that can help :smiling-face:

I'm charging phone during the day depends on the percentage of battery, but most of the time I put on the charger before the job but never battery is less than 70% when I leaving my house.   

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
go into settings, and search for permissions, you can then change them for location etc. just keep location on for only the apps you need.
Try a night charge, so it's 100% when you wake up and go from there.
-eMeM-
Explorer
Options

UPDATE :smiling-face: 

Last night was test night, but don't know is that because of update or just this things what I started using, so my phone was with these settings before a bed:

This is always off: Bluetooth, NFC, wi-fi, mobile data;

This is always on: location and sync;

New things what I started using is: do not disturb & bedtime mode => both were set at 11 pm until 5:50 am

The battery is just 4% down what is OK  :smiling-face: Night 14thNight 14th

Morning 15thMorning 15th

0 Likes
Nikita84
First Poster
Options

I don't think it's normal even if you put all your apps to sleep. I have my almost 2 years old S10+ and the battery lasts much longer than my brand new S21+. I don't have navigation or Bluetooth on. It's not normal for brand new phone battery to die within 1 day of usage. I now regret upgrading to it.

h84
Student
Options
Same battery had 2 phones so far £800 eccos on calls wifi don't connect GPS same Samsung listen too your customers
0 Likes
Jasleep
First Poster
Options

My battery drains because of my alarm. It doesn't appear to register on the device care. I have a Samsung 21 ultra, my last phone the previous model did the same. 

0 Likes