Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 battery is draining so fast

(Topic created on: 14-02-2021 12:22 PM)
-eMeM-
Explorer
Options

Mobile data: off, Wifi: off, BT: off,  NFC: off, 5G: off during sleep at night situation:

*2 nights ago, the battery was 33% I wake up and was 0%, the phone was off

**last night battery was 42% I wake up and was less than 10% 

I never have any problem with Samsung phones, and this is really bad. Now I'm scared I will oversleep and late on a job if my phone will be dead when the alarm should be ringing.  And only one solution is to leave all night phone on charger!!!!  

17 REPLIES 17
V1per87
Student
Options
I had the same issues with my note 20 ultra 5g, was very annoying nothing can be done until they release a major update for the battery life.
Magpiemale
Apprentice
Options
maybe your security virus is scanning i know i set mine to scan while i am sleeping and i set an auto restart a few hours after ... i always leave mine on slow charge.. samsung say the phone will charge quickly but if you use this method as a go to it could/will make the battery less efficient.. maybe someone else can chime in but thats what the small print says on their phones.. handy to have but on an 8 hour sleep fast charge isn't necessary
check your battety on the app to see where the drain is ?
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
you should look into your battery settings it will give you some indication to what is draining your battery
0 Likes
WHATaTOPPER
Voyager
Options
when I said battery setting sorry I meant device care
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Can you post a screenshot of your battery stats so we can see what is draining the phone?

-eMeM-
Explorer
Options

@V1per87 I hope so they will do something as soon as possible :smiling-face: 

@Magpiemale, where I can check settings for this security virus when should scanning or not 😕 and I know the overnight charging is killing the battery and I never before left all night phone on the charger doesn't matter slow or fast. 

@WHATaTOPPER  and @Pugs1957  give me a sec to check and I will post battery status, just I'm not sure how I can check what is going on during the night 😕 I never checked my battery status because I was always happy with battery and never have any issue, till now 😞 

0 Likes
-eMeM-
Explorer
Options

So, I use this phone like every one before it. I understand if I'm on the phone all day of course battery will be drained, but during the night what can cause that, I really don't know what I need to look at and change and that will have an influence on battery. 

And thank you guys for help and advice! 

Screenshot_20210214-104949_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210214-104959_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210214-105005_Device care.jpg

0 Likes
Hel393
Pioneer
Options
using the s21 I put all the apps I hardly use into a deep sleep and those I use daily into sleep mode hopefully this might help you
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Truth be told I've found slow charging far less efficient than Samsungs 25W charge on my Samsung phones (Note 10+ 5G, S20 Ultra and S21 Ultra). If I charge my phones with the 45W charger to 100%, they don't have as long run time as if I charge with the 25W. If I slow charge its even worse.