Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s21 battery drain

(Topic created on: 15-02-2021 08:10 AM)
Frosts
Explorer
Options
Hi
Any s21 uses noticed overnight battery drain? At 10pm last night the battery was at 38%, and at 6.30am it was at 5%. There was no wifi or mobile Internet connection and its not been used so it is weird. This is twice I've noticed this, but if it's at 70% or higher I don't think it drains as much. 
#s21 #s21battery
0 Likes
16 REPLIES 16
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
I've experienced the battery draining quickly over the past few days. Upon googling it, apparently it's a known issue to Samsung that occurred as a result of the latest February security software update. Hopefully it's quickly resolved!
Frosts
Explorer
Options
yep wifi and mobile data off
0 Likes
Frosts
Explorer
Options
I thought it might be but wasn't sure. thanks for letting me know
Frosts
Explorer
Options
not helpful when my phone is my alarm clock!
0 Likes
ChrisJimHill
Pioneer
Options
So I've just been reading elsewhere, and it mentioned there was a patch that was going to be released and it would be in the coming days (article was a few days ago). I did a manual software update search and it's already available and have just downloaded and installed it. Fingers crossed that solves it! Suggest you do the same 🙂
0 Likes
Kerryann23
Explorer
Options
there is a battery saving routine on the phone. I have had to do the same as I've been waking up with a dead phone.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Always look at App permissions as well in these types of scenarios, as some apps might be able to turn on WiFi, location etc as they please.
Try airplane mode if you must at night and see if same thing happens.
Alternatively like me just keep phone on charger so you wake up to 100% battery.
MM3301
Pioneer
Options
i have had the same over the past couple nights. losing between 35 and 40% overnight. i have just done the latest software update today so will keep an eye on it
0 Likes
Frosts
Explorer
Options
yes I found it too and just downloaded. hopefully that solves it