Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 base Feb update

(Topic created on: 19-02-2021 09:26 PM)
SteveO316
Student
Options
Hi all, the first Feb update completely ruined my S21, was losing 40% battery overnight with nothing running in the background, sent it back to Samsung now have a replacement but terrified of updating to AUB6. Has this fixed the battery drain issue on the base S21? I'm hearing it has but mostly on the ultra? 

Any feedback?
0 Likes
13 REPLIES 13
milk2sugarsplz
Explorer
Options
AUB6 fixed my battery drain caused by the first Feb update. I now have AUB8 waiting to install but I've seen early reports that's draining the battery again. so for now I'm sticking to AUB6 until I get a better idea of what AUB8 is like.
0 Likes
SteveO316
Student
Options
Thanks! I'm gonna hold off as well then. did you notice any camera improvement with AUB6? my camera does not seem as good as my previous S10, incredible...
0 Likes
slashingox
Apprentice
Options
AUB6 fixed mine but now on AUB8 wish I did not update battery drain not acceptable now should be able to go back to AUB6
0 Likes
milk2sugarsplz
Explorer
Options
I haven't really used the camera a great deal to be honest ... but from what I have taken indoors compared to my old S9, I'd actually say the S9 has better detail alot of the time. So I'm not too impressed really. Also I would even say the speakers are better on the S9....
0 Likes
SteveO316
Student
Options
Wow, this is crazy, pay this kind of money for a top of the range handset and have to deal with this? not sure if I will last 12 months on this!
0 Likes
SteveO316
Student
Options
@milk2sugarsplz thanks, not just me then. seriously considering a change whilst the handset still holds value, just unacceptable from Samsung.
0 Likes
slashingox
Apprentice
Options
hopefully will get sorted with stable update or updates if required 🙏
0 Likes
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
It's strange because I've practically noticed no differences through these updates. No worse, no better. Samsung are hopeless...
0 Likes
SteveO316
Student
Options
what worries me is that I am purposely holding off updates which may include security patches as well as camera fixes, I can forgive getting it wrong but continually getting it wrong is just unacceptable...
0 Likes