Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Bad Camera Quality

(Topic created on: 23-07-2021 10:10 PM)
Diminee
Apprentice
Options

Just recently got the S21 and I'm so disappointed with the camera. The photos it takes are grainy, blurry, low quality and look like something a phone in 2008 would've taken. My S8 took much better quality photos, even in poor lighting. Wish I could just get another S8 at this point.

Please compare the photos of my cat on the S21 vs S8. The S8 took those photos when its back casing was falling off, yet they still look a million times better than from my brand new phone.

My last issue is I often take photos of book text and documents, and the S21 camera blurs nearly the entire text! I have tried going into settings and turning scene optimiser on and off but nothing is working. I'm at the end of my rope here.

20210721_172510.jpg

 S21

20210315_145336.jpg

S8

20210719_182422.jpg

 S21's attempt at book text... 

48 REPLIES 48
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
You were complaining about the camera whereas it is your technique that has shortcomings. I suggested very basic things that would not take long to research so you could get results that you should be happy with. Your camera is fine. Why ask a question, get a response from someone who has had mobiles and SLRs for over 40 years and still blame the camera??
It's a shame you didn't accept the advice in the way it was intended as it was for your benefit. Without understanding the basics you will always get poor results.
0 Likes
Diminee
Apprentice
Options

Would appreciate you stop replying to this thread. I already explained my situation multiple times but I'm obviously talking to a wall. Take your condescending attitude someplace else, thanks.

SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
The cameras are disappointing. There are several reports of poor processing in this forum. With Samsung every fault with the S21 is user error. Do a return and get a refund if you can.
Ifoundasound
Explorer
Options

From my experience these cameras hate pet fur! The software noise reduction is far too aggressive and just kills any detail unless the conditons are perfect. 

Regarding the page, you're too close to the text. The sensor on this phone is quiet large which results in a very shallow depth of field (which is why you're getting fringing or "blurriness" on the edges). Move the camera back a little and this should clear it up 👍

Its a great phone and camera but certainly not consistent. I've been with pixel for years and will be jumping back when the Pixel 6 XL launches. I've learnt my lesson! 

Reknil
First Poster
Options

Hi

We bought 2 x S21Ultras 256GB Exynos a week ago with my wife. Both cameras on our Ultras seem to be the worst in last 6 years from all the mobile phones we had. Quality of all photos in all modes is disgracefull as for flagship and this money.  We took foils off and played for full day with exposure and other option. We and our friends will be rising cases with UK Watchdog and other UK institutions to investigate.

s21horriblecamera
First Poster
Options

Were you able to fix this, im 100% in the same boat as you. My photos with my S21 look like one of the first digital cameras I ever had its pure garbage. 

RachelR2
First Poster
Options

Trying switching the resolution ratio at the top. I had this same problem and tried messing around on all of the options and switching it to 3:4 108mp (I have the plus so whatever your highest option is) was the only thing that made the photos look better. Sadly the pro mode and other modes do not allow you to shoot with a higher resolution but hopefully you can get some nicer photos by switching that :smiling-face: 

roastedwookie
Voyager
Options

The S8 was their last phone with flagship level image processing. After the S8, they have completely messed the image processing. Indoor photos, photos in cloudy weather or shade, practically any photo not taken in ideal conditions comes out over processed, with no details, either too soft or with too much noise and the color reproduction is bugged.

Seems no one in the entire company is capable of fixing this

marvian89
First Poster
Options

Uhm i am having the same problem. I replaced my s21 ultra with the new unit and the problem still there. The enhance focus didn't help at all with the quality other than fixing the distortion. I like my s10 plus and note 9 better for camera quality. Its crappy for close up. Even for the 1x quality also pretty blurry. 😐

Dmitriii
First Poster
Options

Having exactly same problem. Coming from huawei p30 phone, samsung is apalling camera experience, a bit strange for 1100 eur phone...