Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Android 12 Auto spell Check

(Topic created on: 29-11-2021 01:06 AM)
MH080386
Journeyman
Options

Hi,

Sorry if this question has already been asked/raised, I can't find it if it has.

After updating to Android 12 today, the auto spell check function has now gone, is the only way to get spell check working again to turn on horrendous Predictive Text & use the Grammarly function?? I'v never used predictive text & don't plan on using it now, surely there must be a way to activate auto spell check without my phone constantly trying to guess what words I want to use next?

Any help much appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Marc

10 REPLIES 10
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I haven't updated to Android 12 yet @MH080386  so I can't check this on my phone.

However if this is how it's now set up you may have to consider another keyboard option and send feedback to Samsung via the Samsung Members App under GetHelp. 

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

I just use GBoard , the spell check is a lot better in my experience so far, and once the GBoard is set as your current keyboard, the samsung one although not disabled will not use data or background usage

0 Likes
illEez
Voyager
Options
I'll be keeping tabs on this thread for a solution as the predictive text thing is infuriating; a lot of the time it changes perfectly good words and plurals into words completely unrelated to what I am typing!
MH080386
Journeyman
Options
@GingerSteve , When you say Gboard, do you mean the Giphy Keyboard?
0 Likes
GingerSteve
Helping Hand
Options

Google Keyboard , but on the app store it is named Gboard 

MH080386
Journeyman
Options
I'll give this a go and see how I get on with it, I'v only ever used Samsung keyboard as it's been fine for what I need for all these years but they go & mess it all up!😂
0 Likes
MH080386
Journeyman
Options
It appears that spell check function has now returned to Samsung keyboard without having to use predictive txt, I'm assuming this was added in the last patch a couple of days ago👍
0 Likes
Muggins
First Poster
Options

Spell check still not working, I'd be interested to here a solution other than using different keyboards. 

Screenshot_20220116-115032_WhatsApp.jpg

Tracey B
First Poster
Options

I have never used predictive text either but I just turned it on to access spell check and it isn't too bad on the Samsung s21 , only small words under typing pane, no voice like the iphone