Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 and poor Bluetooth connectivity to car

(Topic created on: 25-02-2022 10:41 AM)
Caroline83
Apprentice
Options
Tech help needed please!? Desperately. I've just got a new Samsung Galaxy S21 and I can't connection the audio to my car's bluetooth. It'll connect for calls but not audio. So I can hear calls through the car but frustratingly can't listen to Spotify. I've tried pairing and unpairing. I've reset the networks. I've cleared the cache and data but it hasn't resolved. I'm completely at a loss as to what the problem is. It's worth noting that it HAS done it though. I've re‐paired the connection and it's just randomly connected. But the minute I turn off the ignition and turn it back on again it's booted me off audio and will only connect calls again. Please pass this on to your techy mates if you aren't able to help yourself because I can't stand anymore radio chat on my commute to and from work 😭 Thank you 🙏
7 REPLIES 7
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
Are you sure it's the phone ??
Caroline83
Apprentice
Options
I couldn't say for certain either way. My old phone connected automatically without issue once it was set up.

I've even re-set to factory on my car.
AndrewL
Options

@Caroline83: When the S21 is connected to your car, head to Settings > Connections > Bluetooth, and tap the cog symbol to the right of your car's system. Are you able to toggle on Media from here? If not, do you have a USB input in the car that you can try, to connect via Android Auto? 

Caroline83
Apprentice
Options
I've tried this. The toggles for Calls and Contacts are on but Audio is in the off position. If I try to toggle on Audio, it slides right back to off.

There is no USB input in my car. It's a 63 plate VW.

I've called Samsung tech support and been told to factory re-set my phone. I have no way of backing it up though without a storage device handy.
MrSwamp
First Poster
Options
Same issue... phone has been in "for repair" still dropping bluetooth randomly, its almost like something is breaking the connection 😫 😳
0 Likes
Caroline83
Apprentice
Options
I've discovered that it's because my phone is new and car is old 😂 The Bluetooth tech in my car can't cope with the tech in my phone. I'm hoping to get a new head unit for my car eventually which should resolve the issue. For now though, I'm just using an aux cable.
0 Likes
Members_wNGNgdh
First Poster
Options

I was hoping you weren't going to say that. Mine is doing the same but I don't want to have to change to head unit as it is a sync unit in my Ford Transit Custom. 😔

0 Likes