Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 Adaptive Brightness Control Missing

(Topic created on: 19-10-2022 03:53 PM)
TusharS
First Poster
Options

I have an S21 5G that I bought recently.

The adaptive brightness control is missing from Settings > Display. Under the brightness slider I only have Outdoor mode. I have lots of issues with the brightness needing to be manually adjusted and could do with the adaptive brightness feature being available. 

NB. All firmware update have been installed.

Any help appreciated.

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Nitesh95
Helping Hand
Options
I'm not sure if my S22Ultra is similar to the S21's control panel but.

Pull the notification bar down, then look at the brightness bar, you will see 3 dots within the bar itself, tap it, and you will see the option for adaptive brightness
0 Likes
keith30
Maestro
Options
It should be there, iv'e had the S8+ then S10+ before the one I have now which is the S22ultra, they're all had it. Do what Nitesh95 says and you should find it.
0 Likes
nowdeleted
Big Cheese
Options
You don't need it as it will eat the battery. Set it to what you are comfortable with.
0 Likes
Members_C2xbFVm
Student
Options

This could mean that your S21 no longer recognizes the light sensor. Cheap Samsung phones don't have this sensor so the OS just reacts by showing the outdoor mode instead like it would on a cheaper phone. I have the same issue. I found this explanation in a Reddit comment: https://www.reddit.com/r/galaxynote10/comments/gc30br/comment/fp9advo/

0 Likes