18-04-2023 05:51 PM in
18-04-2023 06:21 PM in
18-04-2023 07:20 PM - last edited 18-04-2023 07:20 PM
@PrincessDonna Just to add to @Glenntech 's excellent advice it is advisable to wipe the cache partition after updates and can help with crashes/lags. Temporary files are deleted but your Data is kept intact. If unsure (and for he benefit of others) follow these steps:
1. Turn off the device.
2. Connect To Computer or plug in USB-C Headphones , Press and hold the Volume Up key and then press and hold the Power key
3. When the Android logo displays, release all three keys.
4. An 'Installing system update' message will show for 30 - 60 seconds before the Android system recovery menu options appear.
5. Press the Volume down key several times to highlight wipe cache partition.
6. Press Power key to select.
7. Press the Volume down key to highlight yes, them and press the Power key to select.
8. When the wipe cache partition is complete, Reboot system now is highlighted.
9. Press the Power key to restart the device.
You can also Repair apps from the same Recovery Menu which would be advantageous.
I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.
My Device- S21 Ultra 5G ( SM-998B/DS ) CSC= BTU , 12GB/256GB
One Ui 5.1,Android 13 .
01-05-2023 04:44 PM in
I have the same phone and have had massive issues since the Android 13 update. Phone reboots suddenly or turns itself off. Samsung technician has confirmed a software issue. The last 2 security updates have not sorted the issues out, although the rebooting/turning off has lessened. Samsung customer service is non existent. No amount of clearing caches works, and I’ve had factory resets done as well. I’ve had Samsung phones for years now, but these last few months, combined with the poor customer service from Samsung means they’ve lost my custom once my contract is up…..or before if I have to upgrade early due to the phone not being fit for purpose!