Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5G

(Topic created on: 13-07-2021 09:35 AM)
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
Is it odd to charge your phone twice a day 15-100%?

I do know how to save battery but still have to charge it I constantly use my phone but I didn't get like that with s10+ few weeks of usage 

Any. Tips????
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Depends on your usage & settings also apps installed, there's ways to save battery video on YouTube, if you think it's not holding charge as it should back up your phone & do a factory reset & see if that fixes the issue.
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I'm a heavy user 🤣 I know phones are exactly invincible like other gadgets needing charge. However I just thought having turned off auto sync,
Turned off location on location is ok bixby routine whilst a app is open once app is closed then location off.

I also haven't got high brightness on.
Power saving mode on.

I don't sync all my Google drive accounts just sync one day to day usage.

I also don't have apps running in background pitting apps to deep sleep and other apps o use dsilu I put to sleep.

I make sure that my phone isn't on sound mode always on mute.

So I feel I have done tweeks to ensure good battery usage but still having to charge twice a day
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@sarasphotobox  Even if a heavy user that seems a bit excessive to me when making modifications to maximise battery. You can firstly wipe the cache partition  to see if that makes a difference or otherwise a factory reset.

Some general tips for customers here https://www.slashdigit.com/how-to-improve-battery-life-on-galaxy-s21-s21-plus-s21-ultra/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I believe if you are a heavy user the S21 will struggle as it has the lowest battery.

That's why I normally go for the higher ends with bigger battery.
I like to play COD which for me is the biggest battery drainer.

For battery saving after trying most stuff I feel if yiu let the phone do its thing it lasts better than doing tweaks.

My S21 ultra has literally everything on Auto except brightness which I keep at 50%
And most Apps location used only when app is open.

I normally have 70% battery left when I reach home after work and then use the rest playing COD, youtube etc and still have 30% -20% till bedtime.

I usually charge overnight.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I get about 8 hours sot and mine and charge every night
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

It is a less powerful  battery on the S21 at 4000 mAh , whilst the Plus and Ultra similar at 4800 and 5000 respectively.  However other features would be the bigger selling point for the Ultra.  No Battery enhancement for the base mobile compared to previous model ,though bit of an improvement in the Plus.

See some comparisons here https://www.digitaltrends.com/mobile/samsung-galaxy-s21-vs-galaxy-s21-plus-vs-galaxy-s21-ultra/ 

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It's weird on my s21 I have done nothing it has 120hz on AOD everything and it lasts me the day no problem even when I am on it most of day, some days it's struggles if I do heavy tasks on it. I can say the s21 lasts way longer than s20, s20 would cap out at 4-5 hours sot on 60hz mode
sarasphotobox
Hotshot
Options
I have S10+ and I can do heavy usage too it's only 100mah more so 4100mah to 4000mah not major.
But I feel s21 is powerful don't get me wrong. I do appreciate your opinion and feedback is good . But considering the humongous s21 ultra I couldn't see myself getting that device so s21 was a decent choice
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Try this.. like mine and keep most settings at adaptive or on auto.

Except for brightness keep it manual at comfortable brightness (mine is 50%)

And check your permissions for location and battery usage in background especially on mobile data.

Today's SOT but I was home on WiFi and didn't play COD a lot normally is over 1 hrs still 18% left so would say around 9 hours if continued till end.

Also would recommend a wipe cache and apps optimisation. Screenshot_20210714-213329_Device care.jpgScreenshot_20210714-213828_Device care_26416.jpg