Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5G Snapdragon Variant

(Topic created on: 29-08-2021 06:59 PM)
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Does anyone know any good websites/places/countries to buy the S21 5G Snapdragon, one that will work in the UK and receive updates? I know snapdragon variants from Hong Kong can work in the UK and get all the updates as an Exynos brought here 😎. I know if I buy the S21 off of Amazon.co.uk, I'm gonna get an Exynos; Is there a way to buy the Snapdragon one on Amazon that will work in the UK (possibly using different country link/VPN)?
27 REPLIES 27
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Excellent, thanks for that breakdown @BandOfBrothers!

Yeah, I have looked at trustpilot reviews and it really is quite amazing! I'm surprised no-one in my family or my friends has heard of them lol. If this phone turns out to be good, I will be definitely be buying my next Samsung phone from them in the future (considering cost)! I might keep my S8 (current phone) to access the benefits section and still be able to utilise Samsung Pay lol, but I'm not sure if it is worth it, only if I regularly receive promotions/vouchers/free stuff from Samsung.

P.S: Any tips on getting vouchers/money back/free stuff from Samsung? I'm looking in my promotions/deals in my Samsung Pay and I have nothing lol, yet I use Samsung Pay for pretty much every transaction I do...

P.S.S: The great thing about that WondaMobile deal I have mentioned earlier is that, the phone ain't even renewed (refurbished) and yet, they price the S21 at £594 (I used the discount code Wonda and got £5 off). It is possible to check using an app/service the parts used in the phone are original Samsung ones and not third-party like an ifixit battery put in (iPhone users have 3utools to check this). Also, do you have any discount codes I could use with WondaMobile? 😮

P.S.S.S: To get into recovery mode to clear phone system cache (wipe cache partition); do you have to have the S21 plugged into a laptop and then press the vol+ and power button? I thinking of doing this, once updates have been applied on my new coming phone 😎.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

You're very welcome @LiquidSnake 

The phone's supplied by WondaMobile are purchased from Samsung Hong Kong as I understand it.

WondaMobile know that some people want the Snapdragon version of the Samsung phone so have cornered the market to fill a niche. 

The phone's are brand new unused models in sealed Samsung Retail Boxes.

Sometimes I receive money off vouchers in emails from Samsung.

For example I showed interest in the Samsung Fold³ so they sent me a £100 off voucher. 

There are online sites that say they have discount codes but in my personal experience they don't work in most cases.

Never pay any type of subscription etc to be part of any site proposing to be able to provide vouchers is my advice.

Have a look by using a Google Search.

WondaMobile don't send out voucher codes apart from the one off £5 you have seen. 

I sent back my Samsung Note 20 5G Exynos version to Samsung UK,  received a refund and paid over £100 less for the Snapdragon soc version.

When buying from WondaMobile Pay particular attention to the different models that can have different Ram and internal storage options along with single sim and dual sim and preffered colour to ensure the correct model is chosen.

That's the beauty sometimes of shopping around in regards to the phone cost.

Many have thought the price is too good to be true and become hesitant until they read the Trust Pilot reviews and speak to past purchasers from WondaMobile like me.

In regards to clearing the phone's System Files Cache.

Clear your phone's System Cache Files by turning your phone Off and then from a set series of button presses go into the phone's System Files and clear the cache. No information is lost this way. You may need to insert your headphones or hook upto a computer with your data cable to get to this menu on the phone. https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-clear-the-cache-on-my-device/ 

I know some people perform this after each successful software update.

I typically do this if I feel my phone needs this to remove built up old files etc causing any slight lag which isn't often as I use device care every Sunday.

As I've mentioned my preferred method of payment on my phone is Google Pay as I find it an easier option as one just unlocks the phone and hovers the phone over the Pay Point.

Samsung Pay is a different operation as I'm sure your aware.

I also prefer to use Gestures instead of the navigation bar at the bottom of the screen so using Google Pay is better for me.

I've never tried Samsung Pay on this phone although as we've discussed some owners have said it works even though WondaMobile suggest it won't  !

Daily Driver > Samsung Galaxy s²⁴ Ultra 512Gb ~ Titanium Black.

The advice I offer is my own and does not represent Samsung’s position.
I'm here to help. " This is the way. "

BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

I thinking of doing this, once updates have been applied on my new coming phone

Does this mean you've pulled the trigger and ordered your new phone @LiquidSnake  ?

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
@BandOfBrothers Yes brother 😎. I ordered phantom grey 👹.
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Congratulations @LiquidSnake 

I'm sure you won't be disappointed  👍

LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Oh yeah, got another query. Do you recommend buying stuff off of mobilefun website, as I seen you mention that in a previous comment. I tend to buy a lot of tech stuff, so I'm not really akin to these websites; I usually just stick to Amazon or a retailer. Like WondaMobile, is it good and do you have any more websites up your sleeve 😏?
0 Likes
ironass
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

I have used the MobileFun website for over 7 years for cases, cables, chargers, etc; and always found them to be reliable and helpful.

https://www.mobilefun.co.uk/samsung/galaxy-s21-ultra

-----------------------------------------------------------------
My device... Galaxy Z Fold5 5G 12/512GB (G946B D/S) CSC EUX. Android 14. One UI 6.1
BandOfBrothers
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Yes @LiquidSnake I've used them before for various accessories and not been disappointed by them.