Options
1. When I go to do a search on Google, the
 screen turns black, with white writing.
2. When I'm typing a long message on
 WhatsApp, Word or anywhere else 
 the screen suddenly disappears
 and the phone restarts itself and
 everything I've typed, is gone.

I contacted EE, who told me to ring Samsung and gave me their number.
I rang Samsung, didn't get much help there either.
One of them, can't remember which told me to reset to factory settings, after backing it up. 
I first uninstalled some programmes I had recently installed. That didn't work.
I tried restetting it. It take me back to factory settings, it just restarted and changed some settings.

I've gone through all my settings, multiple times.
Is there anything else I can try, without attempting the reset again. 

Thanks in advance 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
AndrewL
Options

@PrincessDonna: If the issue has persisted following a factory data reset, then please try uninstalling any 3rd party apps you have added since the reset, to explore the possibility that the problem is stemming from an external source. I also recommend heading to Settings > Battery and device care > Optimise now, followed by Memory > Clean now. You may also wish to tap on Device protection > Scan phone, to check for any malware or suspicious activity. Furthermore, please head to Settings > Apps > Select an affected app (e.g. WhatsApp) > Force stop > Storage > Clear cache. Let me know how you get on.

0 Likes
danx55
Voyager
Options
hi.
that sounds very poor indeed... so even after factory reset it still plays up?
...or maybe after restoring apps try a cache wipe in the os boot menu
0 Likes
PrincessDonna
Explorer
Options
I uninstalled the apps, that I added recently, I've optimised, cleared the cache, scanned and scanned, before and after reset. Then yesterday, whilst talking on the phone, I have it on loudspeaker, the other party's voice was switching from top to bottom. And this is after I had done a diagnostic test, several times. Nothing seems to be working. I'm going to do another reset and see what happens.
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If its recently purchased you are better of asking for a replacement from your provider if you bought it with them.

Or

Try taking it to a samsung care centre if one is close by.

Also when you reset make sure you do a clean reset with only backing up your photos and messages and not your settings.

You could also look if you changed some accessibility settings by mistake.
0 Likes
PrincessDonna
Explorer
Options
I bought the phone in January this year. I've done another factory reset. This time, I didn't restore everything, I was more selective with what I restored. It's been a couple of days now and I haven't had any problems. Thank you all for your advice.
0 Likes
PrincessDonna
Explorer
Options
I did another factory reset. This time, I didn't automatically restore everything, I was more selective. It's been a couple of days now and it seems to be working, as it should. Thanks for your help.
0 Likes
PrincessDonna
Explorer
Options
I bought the phone in January this year. I've done another factory reset. This time, I didn't restore everything, I was more selective with what I restored. It's been a couple of days now and I haven't had any problems. Thank you all for your advice.
0 Likes
PrincessDonna
Explorer
Options
Hi Andrew, that didn't work, so it looks like im gonna have to wipe it clean and start again. I had about 3 weeks with it working fine, then after another update, it started again.
0 Likes