Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5g problem

(Topic created on: 20-11-2021 12:13 PM)
Mario_B_69
Explorer
Options
Hi, I have a S21 5g 256gb and I am having a problem!! Only when it is powered on and I plug the charger the most of times the phone will crash and power itself Off!! I am using an original 25w charger!! Wireless charging is working OK!! If I charge it powered off then no problem. I have tried with different charger, wiping the cache, etc. Does anyone have this problem or a solution? Thanks 
9 REPLIES 9
Kingie07
Journeyman
Options
Hi, I would factory reset the phone and test again.
Mario_B_69
Explorer
Options
Hi, thanks for your reply !! That was my next step, but I was thinking maybe someone was able to help me without resetting it!! If I don't find a solution, then that will be my next step! Thanks
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If you have cleared the cache partition and still experiencing this problem, then I would suggest to factory reset the phone. But, if you really want to avoid factory resetting the phone, then take it to a local phone repair shop near you and see what they advise. Hope this helps! 😁
Mario_B_69
Explorer
Options
Hi, I am sure they will ask me to fully reset the phone !!
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
If you put the phone in safe mode, are you still experiencing this issue? This will help determine, if it is a software problem or a hardware problem. To put the phone in safe mode:

Turn the Galaxy S21 off

Wait 5-10 seconds after the display turns off

Then press the Power button for a few seconds

Let go of the Power button when you see the boot logo appear

Then immediately begin pressing (and holding) the Volume Down button

Continue holding down the Volume Down button until you boot into Android

As soon as you boot into the Android OS (after following the tutorial above), you will notice there is a watermark in the bottom left corner of the screen. If you do not see the watermark that reads “Safe mode” then your Galaxy S21 is not in Safe Mode
You may also notice a persistent notification telling you that you’re in this Galaxy S21 Safe Mode as well.

When in safe mode, if you are still experiencing the phone powering off while the device is on + charging, then you know it is a hardware issue and not a third-party app causing the problem.

To boot out of safe mode, just restart the phone 😁. Hope this helps! 😉
0 Likes
Mario_B_69
Explorer
Options
Yes, I am having the problem even in safe mode!! I don't have problems only when I charge the phone completely off and when I connect to a computer in file transfer mode!! Otherwise I have crash and power off or connecting disconnecting problems!!
LiquidSnake
Big Cheese
Options
Ultimately, I would say you need to try factory resetting the phone and see if you are experiencing such issues. If so, then last call is to take it to a phone repair shop state what you tried to do to fix the issue and they should come up with a solution 😀. Hope this helps! 😉
0 Likes
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
With the Wipe cache, Try repair apps in the same menu.

Also download good guardians and do the app optimisation.
0 Likes
Mario_B_69
Explorer
Options
Hi, thank you all for helping me!! But I have done the full factory reset, and I am still having the problem!! I will try the repair shop or just charge the phone in wireless !! Thanks
0 Likes