Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5G overheating - Samsung "unware of similar issues"

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 02:19 PM)
Rik07
Pioneer
Options

I have cumulatively spent multiple hours dealing with the S21's overheating issues (which I received on the 28th of January 2021).

The device uncomfortably over heats and crashes multi-windows after only 10 minutes of video calling. 

• This issue occurs when I barely have 3 apps open.
  • My screen brightness is below 20%.
  • My data, bluetooth and location have been off.
  • I am not in direct sunlight.
  • My phone has not been connected to a charger

After speaking with customer service representatives:

• I have all of the latest updates.
  • I have performed multiple "soft resets"
  • I have reset all of my settings.

Samsung has previously indicated that the issue may lie with the 3rd party video calling apps I use (namely whatsapp and facebook). They have then suggested that the issue is with my phone case and recommended I buy one of their official ones (which cost £50) despite offering me no explanation as to why their case is more effective than my own. Finally, in my latest encounter, they have stated that they are "unaware of any similar issues", despite multiple posts on their forums stating the contrary. They have also left me hanging for a week and needed multiple prompts to respond.

this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos. https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.
15 REPLIES 15
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos.

https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.
0 Likes
Higguma
Apprentice
Options

Same issue, they should recall this phone. Can't use basic multiwindow because the phone keeps saying it's overheating. It's happened 4 times in 4 days.

0 Likes
Higguma
Apprentice
Options

It has nothing to do with the app. It happens to me with multiwindow view on the s21 5G with internet running 3 tbs in the background.

My 2017 Note 8 has never been warm,, let alone hot(That thing has only 6GB ram).

0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
this sounds very similar, i have sent for a replacement, if that doesnt work, the new OnePlus 9 will be launching soon 🙂
0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options

the s21 galaxy yes its the 512 Ultra  which has some overheating problems, the 256 and the 128 is ok as far as what i heard from samsung and some samsung sites , but i cidnt buy any one of them because of this issue, i wait til the sort it or the new one came out, 

Then to top it the american version does not or not suppose to have the overheating problem ,it has a different processor but yhen i am open to more bad news

the ***** up with the evolutionboxes on the 2013 to 2016 3D   4K Tvs, i have 2 obsolete shite tvs which cost me a combined 6500 pound so i wont put it to far with samsung the ***** up with there smart galaxy phones

0 Likes
JKR1965
First Poster
Options

Please advise if support is available in South Africa for a Samsung Note 20 5g overheating and doing many strange things like volume control that turns up and  phone switches off. Also loosing battery power after 3 hours

0 Likes