Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5G overheating - Samsung "unware of similar issues"

(Topic created on: 09-02-2021 03:57 PM)
Rik07
Pioneer
Options

I have cumulatively spent multiple hours dealing with the S21's overheating issues (which I received on the 28th of January 2021).

The device uncomfortably over heats and crashes multi-windows after only 10 minutes of video calling. 

• This issue occurs when I barely have 3 apps open.
  • My screen brightness is below 20%.
  • My data, bluetooth and location have been off.
  • I am not in direct sunlight.
  • My phone has not been connected to a charger

After speaking with customer service representatives:

• I have all of the latest updates.
  • I have performed multiple "soft resets"
  • I have reset all of my settings.

Samsung has previously indicated that the issue may lie with the 3rd party video calling apps I use (namely whatsapp and facebook). They have then suggested that the issue is with my phone case and recommended I buy one of their official ones (which cost £50) despite offering me no explanation as to why their case is more effective than my own. Finally, in my latest encounter, they have stated that they are "unaware of any similar issues", despite multiple posts on their forums stating the contrary. They have also left me hanging for a week and needed multiple prompts to respond.

this is what is happening to my device, except i am video calling instead of playing videos. https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

have sent for a replacement.
15 REPLIES 15
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
return it as I did had same problems with my S21 ultra uk ( full refund)
Farnam
Explorer
Options

i will return ... these issues has nothing with the apps .. it happens even using camera ... i am disappointed 

Rik07
Pioneer
Options

Did you not want to exchange if for the same model?

0 Likes
claus4
Explorer
Options
Samsung s Service and Customer Service stinks to high haven all you get is dumb Awnsers the dont know how to deal with it
claus4
Explorer
Options
if its a Samsung Tv or phone the dont k now or dont wNt to know
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
too many people around the world have same issue..just rung samsung to see where my refund is and is due this week , and even samsung customer services agent said so many people are returning the S21 series phone with same over heating problem ...even samsung customer service agent said he would not take the chance on it..they are sending returns reports to samsung top management and all are overheating reports this was said to me by samsung customer services agent on the phone he also said there not sure yet if hardware issue or software..To be fair I was shocked at the agent from Samsung admitting there is a problem..not just we've heard nothing about heating problem as you would normally get from them
GoanGeek
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I can confirm it's definitely not WhatsApp as I use it for video calling with no issues.
Infact my phone is cool and occasionally gets warm after long gaming.
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
just completed a factory reset (the last suggestion tech support had to offer), the issue is still present.
SmallFish
Helping Hand
Options
I think Samsung simply ditched quality control and that's the reason for most of this. That and being clueless about software.
0 Likes