Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5G overheating repeatedly.

(Topic created on: 11-02-2021 03:52 PM)
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
I have tried numerous solutions, including factory resets, data resets, setting resets. Changing from smartswitch to cloud-based data transfer mechanisms.

However, my device still overheats when using the multi-window function for no more than 10 minutes, eventually crashing it.

This is what is happening to my device, except I am video calling instead of playing videos.

https://youtu.be/Hrq62ni9cWo

I have am being issued a replacement device, however, this seems to be a wide spread issue.
9 REPLIES 9
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
if I try to tax my computer with multiple tasks something happens, it warms up. You're deliberately trying to force the phone to multitask while benchmarking which is intended to push the device to its limits. Did you expect it to freeze?
0 Likes
AshP
First Poster
Options
Same for me. Within 4 minutes!
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
this wasnt me....this was just an example. I am browsing instagram and video calling friends, and it does the same thing
0 Likes
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
Forgive my comment aimed at you incorrectly then, but the YouTuber is clearly looking to push it to this point. Maybe try doing it with other high end phones like the Xiaomi which doesn't even need to multitask to crash. Clearly the SoCs are too power hungry for the thermal limits in the phone or power outputs to their batteries. Samsung are clearly trying to optimise how these new SoCs operate to afford the best performance to thermals. They're brand new chipsets and the phones have been out for less than 2 weeks officially. His video constitutes no proof as to widespread overheating other than his own unit (which he's intentionally trying to do).
0 Likes
Albabarn
Explorer
Options
mine too, except they're trying to get me to format the phone so they can try a fix instead of a straight swap
0 Likes
John19691969
Hotshot
Options
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
i have sent for a replacement which should be arriving during the week. if the issue persists don't worry, the new OnePlus 9 is launching soon 🙂
0 Likes
Rik07
Pioneer
Options
i have sent for a replacement which should be arriving during the week. if the issue persists don't worry, the new OnePlus 9 is launching soon 🙂
0 Likes
Pangone
Student
Options

My f****** Samsung Galaxy s21 5G keeps overheating when multi windows are open or picture in picture mode. This isn't my first Samsung Galaxy s21 I went and exchanged my first one for the same exact model 3 days ago hoping it was just an issue with the first one well it's not this is a model wide problem this is to Samsung Galaxy s21 5G in a row that has overheating problem Samsung needs to fix it or give people those money back or replace their phone when they working phone this is unacceptable.

0 Likes