Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5g not updating.

(Topic created on: 24-03-2022 09:02 PM)
EggyFarts
Journeyman
Options
My S21 5g is downloading an update (Android 4.1) however it downloads fine, gets to the android man, gets to 25% then comes up error & reboots. No matter what i try it just will not update. Ive tried downloading it via OTA & by connecting my phone to my laptop via smartswitch but the end result is the same 
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Hi, try resetting system cache and repair apps in the recovery menu. If that doesn't work you need to try and backup your data and factory reset the phone.
EggyFarts
Journeyman
Options
I have already factory reset my phone but that didnt work. How do i reset the system cache & repair apps?
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
If you've reset the device there's no point clearing cache. Is the phone under warranty?
0 Likes
EggyFarts
Journeyman
Options
I would think so ive had it less than 12 months
0 Likes
HemsH
First Poster
Options

Hi, did you find any solutions to your problem? I am having the same issue now. Thanks

0 Likes
willjoe
Explorer
Options

Make sure your device is fully charged and connected to Wi-Fi. Swipe down from the Notification bar and select Settings. Scroll to and select Software update, then Check for updates. Follow the on-screen prompts to download and install the update.

Regards,

Will

0 Likes
Zip17
First Poster
Options

Did you get a fix for your problem. I am having the same problem with my s21 Ultra when trying to update #29. The failure ode is 402.  I went to a Verizon storefront and they could not fix the problem.

0 Likes