Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S21 5g 128gb fault

(Topic created on: 26-11-2021 08:58 PM)
Cooke2518
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a s21 128gb. Since I've had this phone (sept 21), the speaker and mic just randomly stops working. What i mean by randomly stops working is that at any random time i make or receive a call, i cant hear them and the other person cant hear me. Ive missed many important calls with this issue. I restart the phone and everything is normal until, minutes or hours later and it randomly stops. I could make 5 calls but on the 6th it wouldnt work. I could make 1 call and the 2nd it would stop working. There is no pattern or say if i use an app it stops right after that, i just cant figure out what is causing it. On initial setup I backed up from my s8. I thought that it might have been that, so I factory reset and only restored contacts, messages and call logs. I put on apps 1 by 1 from the play store. Still the mic and speaker just randomly stops working as above. I factory reset again and put apps on 1 by 1 and manually entered my contacts, still not solved the issue. Restored again and only put WhatsApp and Facebook on, still randomly stopped working.

I've contacted EE and they sent phone for repair. It came back as fine and a 3rd part app crashed as their final diagnostic. 

It came back factory reset so I set up from scratch again without any extra apps...gues what? It still just randomly stops.

This doesn't happen during a call or receiving one, it's when I make a call or answer one.

I've used my old S8 more times over past 3 months then I have my new s21. I'm absolutely fed up with it.

It has all the latest updates, even EE said they updated it (22/11/21) and there are no more updates.

Device care reports no apps as crashed at any point when I loose the ability to talk or listen on the s21.

Help please before I loose it with EE and switch to (dirty word) Apple

5 REPLIES 5
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi
Try the diagnostic test
On the samsung members page
Click on the get help button
At the bottom of the samsung members page
Verminal
Pioneer
Options
Try WiFi calling just to confirm it's only a mobile signal glitch.
0 Likes
Cooke2518
Apprentice
Options

Tried WiFi calling on and off. Tried handsfree, Bluetooth through car, buds live Pro and beats. Still nothing. Sim works 100% in my s8. Even if I try a sim pull and change ( during fault) still no change. 

0 Likes
Cooke2518
Apprentice
Options

Tried this after I have just restarted. I will try when it's having its moment and post any results it finds

0 Likes
Cooke2518
Apprentice
Options
Tried the test when fault is occurring. Microphone and speaker work fine. It still doesn't work in calls (making and receiving) tried before diagnostic test and after. Will need to restart to temp fix fault
0 Likes