Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

s20 plus to s21 plus a downgrade??

(Topic created on: 18-11-2021 11:43 AM)
Lord_belial
Pioneer
Options
It looks to me that anybody who would like to upgrade from s20 to s21 series would just downgrade his phone,am I right here?
Sadly I can't see any benefits at all:(
Exception here is probably s21 ultra
6 REPLIES 6
deadpool3049
Voyager
Options
I'm not sure how you can say it's a downgrade the chipset has improved the focusing has also been improved also one ui 3.1 has brought a few improvements as well.
yes the s21 ultra does come with a few extras.
0 Likes
Lord_belial
Pioneer
Options
Worse screen,no sd card slot and memory size reduced for s20 plus from 12 to 8gb.no headphones and no charger in the box.I can't see any improvements apart from the chipset.And average user won't feel any difference between those two chipsets at all 😞
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
hmm I feel the difference from s20 Ultra to s21 ultra. Its not massive but it's noticeable just depends on which areas you look out for it.

Worse screen is only valid if you were one who used WQHD+ over smoothness. I imagine more people took smoothness so its no loss there, in fact it's improved as s21 has adaptive refresh which s20 does not.
0 Likes
Lord_belial
Pioneer
Options
yea i would agree when it comes to ultra.I have s20 plus and upgrading to s21 plus definitely feels like downgrading
0 Likes
Fa2al
First Poster
Options
thanks for sharing your thoughts 🙏
actually I was trying to upgrade s21
I trust you @lord_belial 😊💯
0 Likes
Ossiris
First Poster
Options

Samsung is getting more and more annoying and disappointing with every release.

I used to be a Samsung straight fan and both me and my wife were in love with their phones,  both of us had about 5 or 6 different models.

Until now!

I changed my S10+ with a brand new S21, because I accidentally cracked the S10+s display, but I was shocked by multiple unpleasant surprises I had with their new "light flagship":

- 1st and most annoying of all: the display is a huge downgrade (same for S21 and S21+). It has lower resolution and bad white balance. White is actually gray, colors are way too faded on Natural display mode,  whilst the Vivid mode is too surreal and tiring for the eye.

- The back of a 2021 released flagship may NOT be plastic - it feels just as cheap as its price should be

- NO charger and no headphones in the box. And there's no jack plug on the phone, so you could not use your favorite older earphones with the phone. They laughed at Apple when they did this first,  now they copied the business model. Forcing the customers give you extra money for a basic charger is something that could and should not be admitted. A real shame.

- NO pulse-oxymeter sensor anymore (not even in the overpriced S21 Ultra. It was a good thing to know the heart rate or the level of stress when you needed it. They removed this because they need to suck even more money out of your pockets,  to sell their smart watches - which many people do not need for anything else they have to offer, other than the heart rate sensor.

- Batteries on the S21 is too downsized - 4000 mAh is far too little to adequately sustain a 6.2" 120Hz display and get through the day with medium to intensive usage.

But it seems they decided to cut their costs (whilst not lowering the MSRP price)

To summarize,  unless one has a little fortune to spend on the unworthy S21 Ultra, they could say goodbye to premium build and features,  even in S21+, which is kinda expensive as well.

You have one (two,  if I count my wife) huge previous fan and evangelist less, Samsung. And I'm pretty sure more will follow.

Too bad, it seems you lost a lot of the pluses that set you apart from your (even so tough) competition, so people should reconsider their choice and look for different brand which offer premium phones and offer greater bang for the buck.

0 Likes